SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    A review of the product will help clear up any confusion on the matter. Good points made that seem to indicate that your product should be similar to the 3-season 20F rated products here. I'd have to let some of the other folks with more knowledge of technical specs chime in on that.

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    From what i can gather from you all it seems to me a good light weight option for the pack packer who cranks the miles each day eats and then retreats to the "pit" in a tree or on the ground the option is their, especially in spring and autumn for group hangs and car hammocking it is not the correct "BAG" excuse the punn , for me who hunts most or the winter season moving every couple of days it is a good compact option , but now begs the question will it keep you warm on consistent days below minus 15 c and guard your calories and can under quilts and extra top quilts be added if so great then we get back to the costing. Great "LOOKING" product that i feel needs to be hammered day in and day out for a season to be tested fully to achieve the results [GOOD CONCEPT]..
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    First reports from actual users suggest they may be sized quite differently than we're used to with other hammocks. They're so new that it may take a while to distinguish individual problems from general tendencies.

Received my Tarseer in the mail last week. Although I fit the recommended maximum height and weight specifications at 6'1" and 200#, I found the Tarseer very narrow and confining. The internal circumference of mine at the shoulders was only 48" and I measured myself at 49" around my shoulders/chest. Untensioned on the floor like a standard sleeping bag, I could zip up completely, but it was tight. Hanging, I could not zip past lower chest. I was touching both ends of the bag due to my height. The quality of the build looked very good, but clearly made for a slighter body frame than I possess, and had to ship it back. Still think it's a neat idea and if there was a longer, wider version I might reconsider. Customer service from Toni and Elias was excellent in answering my questions and responding promptly regarding the return.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Received my Tarseer in the mail last week. Although I fit the recommended maximum height and weight specifications at 6'1" and 200#, I found the Tarseer very narrow and confining. The internal circumference of mine at the shoulders was only 48" and I measured myself at 49" around my shoulders/chest. Untensioned on the floor like a standard sleeping bag, I could zip up completely, but it was tight. Hanging, I could not zip past lower chest. I was touching both ends of the bag due to my height. The quality of the build looked very good, but clearly made for a slighter body frame than I possess, and had to ship it back. Still think it's a neat idea and if there was a longer, wider version I might reconsider. Customer service from Toni and Elias was excellent in answering my questions and responding promptly regarding the return.
    Bummer.. 6'1"/200, that is a real common male size. Out of the question for me at same ht. but 215. Oh well, still have my PeaPod on a Claytor, lot's of room! But maybe they will make a bigger boy size soon?

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I have really enjoyed reading this thread. What a great idea! I can see that once a person gets one that fits his/her body well, there is likely to be no lighter option. One of my true enjoyments in a hammock is the room I find there, however. I love the big long ones and I really love the Blackbird, with its extra room on each side and the empty space left of the foot box. There is room there almost for a pack. So this concept, though excellent for light weight hiking and quick setup and tear down, it may not be for some of us who spend an hour or more reading and listening to music, etc., before going to sleep.
    I wish this company all the best. I can see they are serious about making it the best they can. Bravo!
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    2 tree's or 3.....the system works.
    They're even making them in XL now too.

Now, I just have to make myself a tarp to suit it.....maybe in flaming fire engine red.
    Quality product.

Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Just a few of my personal thoughts on Madtrees Tarseer Hammock.

Just as easy as a normal hammock to set up, just one extra suspension line to secure.
    Mine came with half dyneema & half flat webbing suspension, as you can see in the pic below.
    Easy enough to replace, so you can customize the suspension to suit yourself.

If you can't find 3 trees just use 2 as normal, just add a spreader bar/ tree branch, hiking pole etc, at the head end.
    Purchased a 2 piece spreader from here. . http://www.questoutfitters.com/tent_poles.htm . Easy. No shoulder squeeze.

I'm a side sleeper & the tarseer provides a comfortable, almost flat lay for me.
    Similar to a bridge hammock but with a difference, wide at the shoulders, tapering down to the foot. (imagine a wedge shape)
    Just make sure foot end is high enough to get a flat lay otherwise you'll be sliding towards your feet.

Head end..

Foot end...

I sleep hot & just in a pair of boxers, so for me, in a sheltered spot, it's good to it's rated 0c (32f) ...on a exposed area with strong winds,
    it's going to blow all your trapped body heat away, so lower/enclose your tarp, add a undercover,
    wear some thermals etc etc, or move to a more sheltered area. You know the drill....

If you want to extend the rating just clip on a UQ, or lay on a emergency blanket, wear extra thermals, balaclava, gloves etc etc...
    I use the JRB 'Nest' from my HH Explorer for added warmth and a DIY undercover to block any heat stealing breezes.
    Works well. Takes me down to about -10c (14f).

The XL size...suits my 6ft, broad shouldered, beefy 100kg (220lb) body, with room to wiggle.

Quality workmanship, lightweight, 3 season...

Not suited to the Tropics.........
    Last edited by ofuros; 07-05-2013 at 20:51.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456