Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)

Anyone interested in Tx hang? (it's hot)

While running around on the motorcycle I came across a really nice park in Bridgeport. It would be the perfect place for a group hang. Lots of trees and instant access to the lake. Anyway, if anyone is interested I thought we could start something here for the ones that are crazy enough to come out in this heat. I figured 1 night would be enough (with it being as warm as it is) We could hook up on a saturday morning/afternoon, hang out, do some swimming and eating (and maybe drinking) and then head home on Sunday.

I was thinking maybe the first weekend in Aug. I can get more details if there is any intrest.

1st Annual Bridgeport Butt Bake!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    This winter we were shown pictures and video of bearded men swathed in many layers of down and fleece, hunched over fires and entombed in hammocks engulfed by top and underquilts of fearsome dimensions. We watched as they spoke to us from within them as condensaton rose from thier ashen faces, frost bibs secured around their necks, trumpeting their acheivement in defying sub zero temperatures merely by the clever use of fabric.

It is time that we, Men Of The South, Men Of TEXAS! show them true adventure! We shall show them that the greater feat is in surviving temperatures that can be defied only by enduring them! We cannot take off enough clothing or sleep gear to protect us from vicissitudes of weather that WE face!

Imagine pictures and video of hardy men, sweat glistening off of thier bodies, cheerily hoisting flagons of iced tea with nothing but a pair of Ray Bans and cargo shorts to protect themselves from the sunlight! Imagine the awe with which they will view us and the glory that will be ours!!

Whereinell is Bridgeport?

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Sarge, that's exactly what I was trying to say!

Bridgeport is a bit north of DFW. The area I'm talking about is a pretty amazing area. I'm going to go back out today and take a few pics and just scout the area a little better.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Might I make another suggestion?

Locating the hang on the Lone Star Hiking Trail. No reservations for campsites would be required as we would be camping on the trail, there would be less traffic from non-campers, and no fees are charged (to my knowledge).

Much of the trail is closed right now for removal of widowmakers, but the Section 1 is open. Widow makers have been removed 100' on either side of the trail, and there is no shortage of trees or water. The trail guide says that there is a primitive site next to a pond about three miles from the trailhead. An easy hike over flat terrain of about an hour and a half in to the campsite. The next trail head is about 8 miles from that. Some folks could do a section hike by parking cars and shuttling between trailheads.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    There is always the Annual Texas Hang in Fairfield! This is the hang I look forward to because it's usually the only time I can hang during the year. I'm always on the road with my band and I don't get much hanging time. If you guys can put this together I may interested in driving up from Waco to hangout!

Cogneato
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Insulation
    Yeti
    Just moved to houston, would be down for making the drive up there. Keep me posted on official dates.

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    I'm up for the LST one. I live close to there. I think I know the pond your talking about if it's on section one from the #1 trailhead at Richards. I would beware that pond. It's really small and the water tends to be brown and has lots of algae. But, it's not a bad place to camp. We just may need to pack in our water. It's a pretty area with plenty of trees and shade.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    BTW.... I could do a video and post it. It would be a great video full of tough rugged individuals.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by babelfish5 View Post
    .... I would beware that pond. It's really small and the water tends to be brown and has lots of algae.... We just may need to pack in our water.
    HA! Here in Florida, that would be considered pristine due to the fact that you know a pond is there! Our ponds are so covered in algea, you can't tell you're in one until you taste the algea in your mouth. It's so humid, you never notice that you're in a pond because you're already soaked. This is what we call "fresh" water. Drink up folks!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    I'm easy. If more folks would be able to attend at the LST, then let's do it there. I said I probably wasn't going to do anymore hangs until it cooled down a bit, but I'm bored and a glutton for punishment

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast