Thread: Drained out

Hammock
    The one I'm in

Drained out

Went to do a zippy styled camp trip ( car camping ) half way threw the day ( yesterday ) my daughter was bound and determined to go camping, sooooo -- OK
    We get to a zippy spot about 8 miles from home. Get all set up, hang ( only me ) out, make dinner......
    Sun goes down, temps drop, and my wife was a bit unprepared, and started getting cold. About the same time the kid starts getting I'll with a fever.

Well y'all know how it is when you see your loved ones uncomfortable ( you want to fix it right )
    Daughter wanted to stay outside, so we bundled her up real good, I made her some clove tea ( everyone should carry cloves with them, great healing powers to it ) she starts to settle in, in the tent

Now I'm hangin' and the wife is sitting on the cooler next to me, she has a little shiver going on and it's driving me nuts, as she won't take my sweater and what not. Finally convince her to climb in the hammock with me

NOT as she climbs in she spills a ice cold drink right in my lap COLD drink, any who now my hammock, sweat pants, under quilt are soaked!!!

So did a quick break down of camp and headed home, been hand washing all morning, and we will Chaim this one up to fate

Cool thing is that the family is all about hang now tho. So no more ground dwelling for them

Still going to keep the big fat frog 24 NF tent as I guess it might come in handy for some trip some day

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Seems to me there's some right handy experience in that story. I'll bet the next time you go out, the outcome will be a bit more enjoyable. Even good times take practice!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Well, at least there was never a dull moment!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    ORM TQ & WB UQ
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Hope the daughter is feeling better,and the next outing is a huge success. Just now saw your posts. Welcome to the Forums, from the Springs.

Hammock
    The one I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowanderer View Post
    Hope the daughter is feeling better,and the next outing is a huge success. Just now saw your posts. Welcome to the Forums, from the Springs.
    I'm up in beuna vista, just moved here from summit county, and frickin' love it here
    If your in the area and want to hang, shoot me a Pm

And thanks the kid is doing fine, but now the wife is sick??? At least it looks like a one day thing ( fingers crossed )

You can only try to keep them all happy. Still feels like defeat though packing up and heading home. Been there done that
    Oh well, can't live with em ...cant bury em out back .

Hammock
    The one I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by DENMONKEY View Post
    You can only try to keep them all happy. Still feels like defeat though packing up and heading home. Been there done that
    Oh well, can't live with em ...cant bury em out back .
    That's funny and true

• + New Posts