Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix Rocks !

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Cragdwella, where in the Whites do you go? My wife and I live in Danvers, Ma and head up to the Whites as often as possible. I think our plan is to move up there since we love it so much. We stayed at the Garfield Ridge campsite in our WBBBs and loved it. This past weekend, we were up near Berlin at Mollidgewock State Park and couldn't have been more comfortable. Just wondering where other local hangers go.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WBWookie/HG PHX
    Suspension
    Webbing
    mp3prozac I go up to the whites whenever my schedule allows. I live in central ma, and it takes me between 3-4 hours to get up to say the Lincoln area. I try and bang out 4,000 footers while up there. I have camped at Garfield Ridge,but in my tent last year. Awesome area. I like less crowded trails. I am trying to decide what trails to hit next time. Thats part of the fun for me ! Check out my youtube channel, "cragdwella" Thanks for the comments my friend, Peace, Craig

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    The Phoenix is very easy to adjust- vent.. I use my o degree in the house full time..

Overkill? you bet.. But learning much about controlling temps.. Love it..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    cragdwella, my wife and I also are slowly working on hiking all 48 of the 4000 footers up in NH. We have done about 20 of them and have camped at many of the sites in tents but only Garfield so far in our hammocks. Part of the reason we got into hammocking is to have the freedom to stealth camp off of a trail instead of staying in the sites up there which can get croudy on a nice weekend. We also hike with our huskies and have done a few with 8 dogs so it would be better to be off in the woods than take up a platform or two at the sites. I will definately check out your youtube channel. I am trying to decide which underquilt to buy from HG. I had a Jarbridge and didn't feel as though the 3/4 was adequate coverage compared to my wife's zero incubator. I will probably get the same underquilt she has. Is there any reason other than weight that I should be considering the Phoenix instead?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3prozac View Post
    cragdwella, my wife and I also are slowly working on hiking all 48 of the 4000 footers up in NH. We have done about 20 of them and have camped at many of the sites in tents but only Garfield so far in our hammocks. Part of the reason we got into hammocking is to have the freedom to stealth camp off of a trail instead of staying in the sites up there which can get croudy on a nice weekend. We also hike with our huskies and have done a few with 8 dogs so it would be better to be off in the woods than take up a platform or two at the sites. I will definately check out your youtube channel. I am trying to decide which underquilt to buy from HG. I had a Jarbridge and didn't feel as though the 3/4 was adequate coverage compared to my wife's zero incubator. I will probably get the same underquilt she has. Is there any reason other than weight that I should be considering the Phoenix instead?

Partial length UQ's make the most sense if you would normally carry something to sit on (pad) anyway. If you look at HG they show a 6oz. difference between a 20* Phoenix vs Incubator (16.7/22.5). My sit pad weight 3oz so it's a net gain of 3oz for me and warmer feet. In the 0* range I prefer the Incubator, however, I still carry my sit pad and probably my down booties too.

Camping with 8 high energy dogs, that just blows my mind. My wife thinks if you're sleeping with 8 huskies you shouldn't need any additional insulation.

David

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WBWookie/HG PHX
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I would say the little difference in weight, would not be a deal breaker. I also looked at the pack space issue, for me I wanted as little as possible. I agree with the stealth camping thing, thats also why I switched to the hammock.Plus I could never sleep really good on the ground.The stealth hanging choices up in the whites are endless ! Perhaps I'll see you and your huskies on the trail ! Peace, Craig

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12