Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello From SC

Hello From SC

My name is Edward, I live in SC even though NW Indiana is my home. I am a hobbyist nature photographer and hiker, but I got tired of carrying my tent around then I read up on hammocks and decided to give it a try. So far I have a Grand Trunk Ultralite, and I use the rain fly from my old tent. I saw this place and decided to join, although a bit late I'm afraid cause Uncle Sam says I gotta leave in October, but until then I hope to have a lot of fun, here on this website and out in the bush

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Hello and Welcome to the Forums from Canada!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    welcome from charleston! i invite you to the Santee Fall Sprawl in Santee SC the first weekend of Sept, info below in my signature. itll be fun and you can meet great people, have an awesome time and take home some new ideas and maybe even some new gear!!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    {...} i invite you to the Santee Fall Sprawl in Santee SC the first weekend of Sept {...}
    Dang it Rev, you beat me to it - meh, its only right, its your deal so rock on!

Welcome to HF anyways tho - and depending on where you go Uncle Sam can't keep you from enjoying your hang time...

Check out HennessyHammock.com - he's got a pretty decent following of military who hang with his gear (he's got camo options) - if you ever need motivation to hang in the bush
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Thank you for all the warm welcomes, I will definitely look into the Fall Sprawl. And at WetRivrRat, thanks for the link, though I'm in the Navy and I'm not too sure hammocks are allowed on ships anymore.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch/Dynaglide
    Welcome from Chester, SC.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Welcome from Modoc, SC., just up the road from you. You will have a great time at the Fall Sprawl (I can't make it this year). I am retired Army, but I won't hold it against you for being Navy.
    "No whining in the woods"

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    {...} I'm in the Navy and I'm not too sure hammocks are allowed on ships anymore.
    Probably all depends on your Rate and available space and your direct reports...
    If I had known about hammocks as viable sleeping quarters when I was in I would have slept in my work space every night - but alas... I've only recently learned about them

That said, there are always a plethora of floor to ceiling columns on ships that, done right, would easily support a Friction Wrap (aka four-wrap) {http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/speerknot.htm}. Just make sure your chief/divo are cool with it
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum from the SC Upstate and thank you for your service.

swampfox
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast