So, I've read as much as I can find regarding the HH UnderCover and it seems that NO ONE has successfully reproduced this item...

Maybe I'm missing it, but just wondering if anyone has actually tried and succeeded?

The mods might say this should go under DIY, as it will be a new item, not a modification of the stock item, but semantics...

So, to sum it all up - I've read all of the deconstructions (and construction attempts) of HH hammocks, and I've read most all of the topics related to UnderCovers (general) and what I've come up with is the theory is that Hennessy & Crew came up with a pretty bomb-proof design that no one wants to muck with...

Well, I don't fall into that category of folks - so I'm on a mission to repro the HH stock UnderCover for the sole purpose of having one in a color scheme that I like...

Any input as to any lessons learned from your attempts (failures or successes) are MORE than welcomed.

Thus far I've borrowed a UnderCover from a friend and have 'mentally' torn it apart. Doesn't seem too difficult, but rather expensive for what it's made of - am I missing the point? The hardest part will be defining a pattern with which to work off of.
I can clearly tell that the final product dimensions are no where near the beginning dimensions, but after seeing the results of 2QZQ's UnderQuilt Protector and HC4U's & wilsonbmw's tear down {http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=670} I'm thinking I've got my ideas on how to build the UnderCover.

So far I'm about 60% done with a pattern/template and hope to have that finalized in the next week or so.

Again, any input would be awesome, I'm hoping to have it completed before Fall Sprawl '12 - not so I can show it off, but so I can actually test it, since 'cold' is so overrated in FL.

And yes, once I get it completed I'll update with pics - but only after I've tested it and know it works or doesn't