AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Tips on underquilt suspension?

Hey all-

I recently got a AH jarbridge, which has been great! However, I often find myself putting the quilt on some time after I've actually setup my hammock. Currently, this requires some work as the lines for the underquilt have to go *above* my hammock ridgeline since it is just one loop of shock cord on the ends of the quilt. This requires me to unhook my hammock suspension and put it over. Any input on a better system or modifications i can make to the jarbridge? I'd like to be able to put it on/off without undoing any of my hammock suspension.

Also, right now I use a soft shackle to connect my whoopies to my tree straps, and milking those things is part of this annoyance. Perhaps a simple toggle would make it way easier?

Hammock
    DIY 1.1oz ripstop (channel end)
    Tarp
    DIY McCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + 32deg bag
    Suspension
    DIY Amsteel sling
    Images
    Not sure why the shock cord has to clip above the ridge line. I use two mini biners clove hitched to my structural ridgeline. These can be adjusted until their in the best spot then just leave them in place and it becomes a simple matter to add the underquilt. I'm not sure about the jarbridge though. Mine is a simple diy with the shock cord running all around the perimeter of the quilt. I then have a little loop at each corner, clipping two to each biner. I use graphite toggles cut from an old ski pole with a little keeper loop that attaches them to the polypropolene tree straps so I don't loose them. I think it is way easier then the soft shackle. Hope this helps.

You could always buy some Mitten Hooks from sclittleton over at DIYGearSupply.com - (http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/p.../mitten-hooks/)
    Using either a zip-tie or some cordage you could attach it to your suspension line where you need it and then just clip your shock cord into it.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My Jarbidge came with a mini biner on the shock cord at each end. One green and one black to differentiate the head and foot ends. Just clip it on the suspension.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    All you have to do,,is take the one biner, and clip it to the hammock suspension with the Jarbride under the hammock,,nothing should go over a line. I have the 1 hook system on mine and it works perfect for me. I also use Dutch Quilt hooks sewed to the hammock to attach the shock chord on each side at each end of the hammock and that keeps the quilt in place very nicely.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    ENO DN/DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks for the tips. I had been hooking mine a little ways along the ridgeline because I didn't think it would reach all the way to my hammock ends. I'll give that a go - it makes sense.

• + New Posts