Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Headchange, sorry I didn't get more shots of your HH clone, I think we were all so stoked just checking it out. It was definitely the talk of the campsite on Saturday. One heck of a nice pece of gear!
    I appreciate the kind words. I put a lot of hard work into it and I am proud of my baby .
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I appreciate the kind words. I put a lot of hard work into it and I am proud of my baby .
    You should be! It pretty much kicks a$$. When can I talk you into helping me learn to make some of these goodies? Blue Moon's on me!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

after looking at the pics from the SEHHA I may not show up. It would be a disgrace to put mine in there with all of the other hammocks

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    after looking at the pics from the SEHHA I may not show up. It would be a disgrace to put mine in there with all of the other hammocks
    not at all. we have all kinds of hammocks. & hands on is the best way to learn.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Ewker, I was a just a bit concerned about getting flak over my totally purchased commercial hammock, but not a word was said. All I got was a lot of good suggestions and learned a LOT from this trip. All hammocks are welcome, doesn't matter what you have. Although NC Patrick, Headchange and I did find one at Bluff Mtn Outfitters that probably would have gotten us banished for life! Come and join us in June, a good time is pretty much guaranteed!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    We can get you set up Ewker. Hooch used my neo tarp and I think 4 hammock were using the prototype under quilts from Speer Hammocks. I try to bring extra gear for others as long as I don't have to lug it far.

Ed Speer made the comment that he was shocked to see that there was only one HH at the campout, Joe's setup. He mistook my hammock for a HH when he first saw it .

There were 2 ENO's, 1 HH, 3 Speers (I think) and the rest were DIY hammocks. Ed said he was excited to see all the DIY gear.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Ewker, I was a just a bit concerned about getting flak over my totally purchased commercial hammock, but not a word was said. All I got was a lot of good suggestions and learned a LOT from this trip. All hammocks are welcome, doesn't matter what you have. Although NC Patrick, Headchange and I did find one at Bluff Mtn Outfitters that probably would have gotten us banished for life! Come and join us in June, a good time is pretty much guaranteed!
    I think the one at the outfitter would have bee funny to use. It was so unreasonable for camping it would have been a good joke.

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    I think the one at the outfitter would have bee funny to use. It was so unreasonable for camping it would have been a good joke.
    I don't know what the hammock was like, but it sounds like somebody should've bought it as a gag gift for Jeff since he couldn't make it
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    We can get you set up Ewker. Hooch used my neo tarp and I think 4 hammock were using the prototype under quilts from Speer Hammocks. I try to bring extra gear for others as long as I don't have to lug it far.

Ed Speer made the comment that he was shocked to see that there was only one HH at the campout, Joe's setup. He mistook my hammock for a HH when he first saw it .

There were 2 ENO's, 1 HH, 3 Speers (I think) and the rest were DIY hammocks. Ed said he was excited to see all the DIY gear.
    I've got an extra ENO, you're welcome to use it if you like Ewker.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    I don't know what the hammock was like, but it sounds like somebody should've bought it as a gag gift for Jeff since he couldn't make it
    We really did think about buying it BB. It was just a standard rope (more like string) hammock with spreader bars. It might have been $15, maybe. I guess we should have gotten one for you also. In all seriousness, BB, I was VERY IMPRESSED with the BlackCat that NCPatrick had. What a heck of a nice piece of gear. I've GOT to get one of those!

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast