Tarp
    DIY silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    HG burrow &pheonix
    Suspension
    Rings & straps
    Images

20 degree burrow

Would the 20 degree burrow be good for an all season quilt (in south carolina) that would also be usable at those rare times in a tent? Seems as though it would be better than just getting a sleeping bag for mostly hammock but some tent camping. Thanks.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    It depends on where at in sc I am sure. If you are in western sc you might want to have a second one good to 0. If I were buying one for year around I'd get the lowest I could. A tq is used by ultralight backpackers now anyways because they have their pad under them. I will have several for different seasons when I get to somewhere I need more than a thin sheet for insulation, but for now my 60*tq (pl) is great and wouldn't hope for anything different.

HYOH
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I live in middle Ga -------my 20 degree burrow is great! If its too hot, you can just sleep under a sheet, if its too cold, you can use your burrow and add another layer. I think the 20 degree range is a nice balance! (Its a beautiful product---you'll love it! (as a plus, the folks at hammock gear are very pleasant to deal with!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl &amp; DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&amp;Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    The burrows work just as well as any TQ when ground camping. How big are you around the shoulders/girth ?? Might be something to consider if ground camping is on the cards as a 50" wide direct taper TQ can be a little narrow. I'm a 40" chest and 78kgs, For me the 50" TQ's are "just" workable on the ground pad. Yes 50" worked the few nights I used one and it seemed perfectly workable at home..... In the field was another matter and anytime I shifted there would be this pesty draft gap. One of the best moves I made was stepping up to 56" wide TQ's from Hammock Gear. Plenty of width to wrap around and have no drafty gaps. The colder it gets the more those draft gaps suck.

+1 on the fact that HG is great to work with !!
    I am a GEAR JUNKIE and GRAM COUNTER !!

There, It's out. I said it, Ahh I feel better now

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Asym
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    HG burrow &amp;pheonix
    Suspension
    Rings &amp; straps
    Images
    Thanks for clearing that up just wasn't sure if it would still be useable in a tent

• + New Posts