Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Definitely would like to hear of some real world testing. Even the dew is alot of water in Florida.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    The bag in the link is 600FP down, it is going to be denser at 600FP than any quilt made by the vendors here. I think 800FP is the lowest offered from vendors on this forum. We are using 850FP untreated and 850FP Resist Down, the treated down is cleaner and has better loft than the untreated down. As for weight, 1 oz of down that has been certified to provide 850FP is one oz of down, coated or uncoated... The coating has nothing to do with the fill power rating of the product. Fill power is based on a specific weight of down whether it is DWR treated or untreated. If the treatment did effect the downs loft then the rating would be revised accordingly by the certifying agency.

If you see a weight difference between products in a store there are many factors that can affect that, FP are they the same, amount of fill, are they the same, shell material, are the the same, temp rating, are they the same, number of baffles, are they the same, length of zippers, are they the same. Need to compare apples to apples for a fair comparasion...

I'm pretty impressed with the new down and will be offering it as an option as well as using it in all my personal gear from now on.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird 60, WB RR, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have a 20° Zeppelin under quilt and a 20° Flight Jacket top quilt with Resist Down from Underground Quilts. I do not worry about mist or condensation on either quilts.

looks interesting

Hammock
    Sparrow 1.6 HyperD
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/doors 12'
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Poly/Dyneema
    I was talking to a REI rep only this weekend about this product, and his take on it was that many purists may have issue with the actual treatment if the down itself; apparently it's not that environmentally friendly.
    Hammock Backpackers Community 👇🏻
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/hammockbackpackers

Hammock
    WBBB 2layer
    Tarp
    DD 9x9
    Insulation
    HG 0* Burrow
    Suspension
    Woooooooooopies
    Yeah i heard the same thing, id stick with HammockGear Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by nulisticONE View Post
    Yeah i heard the same thing, id stick with HammockGear Quilts
    Not trying to be negative here but, seems like there is very little info on the environmental impact of resist/dri down. Regarding the process (treating the down) of course. Maybe you have some insight you would like to share on the subject?

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Allied Feather and Down, maufacturer on Allied Resist Down is Bluesign Certified.

Below is from Bluesign website:

The independent bluesign® standard is your assurance of a profitable future. It is your guarantee that, along the entire production chain, your products only contain components and pass through processes that are harmless to people and the environment. At the same time, the principle of maximum resource efficiency means cost efficiency from your perspective.

A spate of ecological scandals together with the increasing scarcity of resources have made consumers more aware of harmful substances in textiles and of production methods that damage the environment. Accordingly, regulations and limits have been tightened in legislation across the world. This is a trend that will gather pace inexorably. A damaged reputation due to a single adverse effect with a negative impact on the environment or the human health is often impossible to repair, and causes immense costs. To invest in the most environmentally sustainable products available will in future represent an increasingly important investment in long-term consumer confidence. Ecological safety is becoming an ever more critical quality factor worldwide, and is a decisive factor for a company's or a brand’s image and hence its success. EHS (Environment, Health & Safety), following a principle of maximum conservation of resources in production, will make significant changes to purchase behaviour globally and become a key factor for your economic success.

The independent bluesign® standard does not eliminate existing Restricted Substance Lists (RSL) - it heads one step further and embraces these standards. It fulfils all commercially significant requirements all around the world (various RSLs from leading companies) as well as REACH requirements. It represents the route of best practice at every turn and in the future will lead the way.

I would trust an independent testing/certification organization over the sales person at any outdoor retailer that may have their opinions.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Paul, that is about the same info I was finding on the subject.
    Misinformation is a pet peeve of mine and it seems to be spread so easily.

Hammock
    Currently HH
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    0*incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoop Dutch Junkie
    HG ordered Dri Down at my request for my Incubator and Burrow. I should have it in hand when I get home this week.

Adam told me he is going to offer the Dri Down as a option on his site. You can order it now by talking with him.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast