Ok so I tested out the Lawson Blue Ridge Hammock again last weekend and it is awesome. Really comfortable and soooo much space! I always hear this hammock is not stable but I tied out the corners, as this is an option, and you can literally jump around in the thing without tiping. Also you can adjust each individual rope in the suspension to find you sweet spot in the hammock, which is great in terms of customization.

I thought at first that it would do terribly in the rain. It didn't rain but I hosed it down for about a minute or two straight on the top and it didn't leak through and I also set it up as a bivy and hosed under it for about 3 minutes, climbed in and no water. There is a couple of seems that I would put some waterproof tape on but that is it. Also I need a downpoor to test it out but the nylon rops get saterated in water, I think it would be fine as there is a drip off point but I would like to see how this effects the hammock. Everytime I found a weakness it turned out to be fine. Great hammock, I plan to use it more. I am in the middle of editing the video but I will post it as soon as I am done.