JRB Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    mw3 uq & ss tq
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    First, in the backyard I am working with a flexing hammock stand (once I get in), so I have to account for that.
    Billybob58,
    I had the same problem with my metal Pawley's Island hammock stand (with extensions to increase length). I solved the problem by applying a ratcheting strap to link both top ends of the stand to provide compression. Now no flex and I can setup a hammock and set the SRL properly. Also works well with my BMB Delux. VATriker

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VATriker View Post
    Billybob58,
    I had the same problem with my metal Pawley's Island hammock stand (with extensions to increase length). I solved the problem by applying a ratcheting strap to link both top ends of the stand to provide compression. Now no flex and I can setup a hammock and set the SRL properly. Also works well with my BMB Delux. VATriker
    That is a good tip! Can you believe I have actually done that? I have used ropes with truckers hitches for leverage, and even Harbor Freight ratchet straps. It certainly helps. But I am constantly tearing my hammock stand down, and I don't always have a strap handy. But thanks for reminding me, I think I will dig a ratchet strap out for next time.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Billybob58,,,2 really super great nites of sleep at RL of 112". Amazing lay at that distance...Hammock is so much more comfy.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Billybob58,,,2 really super great nites of sleep at RL of 112". Amazing lay at that distance...Hammock is so much more comfy.
    Acer - are you still able to get close to a 30* hang at that RL length? Or is it shallower?
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    No,,its 30 or very very close to it,,in the house,,my eyebolts are 7.5 ft off the floor,,outdoors I have 5 tie offs at various lengths from 11' all the way to about 20 to play with and test out everything.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    That's great. I don't think I've ever seen any one take so completely to a bridge as quickly as you have to this BMBH UL, at least once you found the exact RL length. Have you been able to find any down side comfort wise compared to your non-bridge hammocks? Obviously there are the spreader bar issues to be dealt with, but, I mean do you find any comfort downsides? Sounds like you don't.

And as if the comfort benefits are not enough of a good thing, this winter you also get to prove the joys of the perfect fit of an UQ on a bridge like I have so often raved about. Of course I can't speak for all brand combinations. But I can say that JRB quilt ( full length or short ) with JRB bridge has always worked about perfect on 1st try. There just never was anything to adjust or anything to then come out of adjustment. There were no mods to overcome a quilt slipping off of a shoulder, nor could I get out of position- no matter how much I moved - relative to the quilt unless I fell out of the hammock. And no worrying about the correct amount of shock cord tension. And then I even highly suspect that the TQs are easier to keep tucked, if it's not in my head.

So I'm thinking that by the end of winter, you are going to be a totally maniacal bridge convert!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I just boxed up one of my cuben tarps and sticking in the mail for Adam and Jen at HG to add 4 panel pull tieouts to the sides at 80" spread for my arrow tarp spreaders to widen the tarp inside same as the hammock spreader bars. I didn't really think I would like the bridge,,but the more I use it the better it feels and I really think all anybody has to do is give it a chance and work at it to comform to your own personal hang..that is not to say I am going to get rid of especially my 2 DIY gathered end hammocks out of momentum 90T and MR..they are very comfy as well,,but I am finding its hard to beat the bridge. And its super easy to use the hiking poles for spreader bars loosing 8.5 ozes of packing weight. The more I lay in it the better I like it. AND,,we have had a cold front go thru yesterday,,and 3 more before the weekend coming down from the North,,and they are predicting high 40's in the countryside for Friday/Sat. nites..wooohooo,,hanging time outside in the bridge!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123