Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    @ 5'11" & 260#, i use the SAFARI DELUXE ASYM ZIP

i have replaced the TIE OUTS w/ 1/16" MARINE GRADE SHOCK CORD, in a loop configuration

both ends of the 6' piece of shock cord are fastened to the hammock

i do STRETCH THE TIE OUTS QUITE A BIT as well as rigging the FOOT END HIGHER THAN THE HEAD

the result is a MORE EXAGGERATED ASYM SHAPE

being a M/C RIDER & A SNOW SKIIER, i immagine my body parts have suffered injuries similar to or maybe even worse than you described & i have had less night time pain than sleeping on my memory foam bed at home

the only other thing i have done is to use an X-PED SYNMAT 9 LW(not inexpensive), which must have given me some really superior padding, as well as insulation from the cooler weather

hopefully this perspective will help you achieve a better night's sleep

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HH Monsoon
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    HH
    Try being closer to the head end.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HH Hex 70D rainfly
    Insulation
    3 season Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    My problem isn't ankkle, but foot. When laying in my HH exp., the foot box drops lower than the calf ridgeline so it basiclly is hanging freely. I can swing it back and forth. This causes my foot to hold all the pressure against the side and I wake up with an extremely stiff/sore foot. I tried a small pillow but that actually made it worse. The problem seems intensified when I use the Super Shelter insulation, because it ruins the natural hang of the hammock to me.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Zip, for now
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Factory
    +1 on this. I too have an old ankle injury that gives me issues from time to time. I've found that my HH explorer does exactly what you are talking about. Its my right ankle, and I lay in my Explorer with the zipper on my left which puts my right ankle in the asym part. I have lessened the issue by using my HHSS bag filled with the next days clothes under my knees.

more sag?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    5'11" here HH Expedition user. Raise the foot end to start and also try getting some more sag in the ridgeline.

Seems it is not possible to get more sag. quote from hennessy website - The patented structural ridgeline provides the same bed every night and a perfect setup every time.

Please elaborate on this foot box you mentioned. As far as I am aware the Hennessy does only have a gathered end, not designated footbox like Warbonnet BlackBird

Quote Originally Posted by jwiereng View Post
    Seems it is not possible to get more sag. quote from hennessy website - The patented structural ridgeline provides the same bed every night and a perfect setup every time.
    Hanging the hammock a bit lower, i.e. lengthening the suspension, will lessen tension on the ridgeline. Lower it enough and the ridgeline will start to sag...
    Last edited by TominMN; 08-09-2023 at 18:51.

I just came out of a field exercise and i used my hammock (hen exp asym classic) and had 1 night where i had pain in the heels. I moved myself closer to the head end of the hammock and raised the foot end about 3-6 inches and it helped a lot. I also make sure when im in i spead the hammock out as much as possible and used a pillow under my feet if needed. Very helpful for me, YMMV.

Hammock
    The one I’m in
    Tarp
    One that works
    Insulation
    HG UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing & Becket H
    Because of my ankle and knee I like to hang my HH extra saggy so I can get flatter and I have room for my bones to settle in. MY HH was super painful on my broken ankle and repaired knee until I let my hammock flop. It also allowed me to situate myself e a little more deeply on the diagonal. Such a floppy setup does requires the tarp to be pitched separate from the hammock suspension though.
    “A man who carries a cat by the tail learns a lesson he can learn in no other way.” ~ Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12