Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Just got my Stealth! (Review linked)

I used to take my JRB No Sniveler on most of my camping trips but it's pretty warm for summertime, and I was carrying an extra 5.25 oz of quilt that just made me sweat at night. So I bought the Stealth. I think it'll be just what I need for summer temps and it should save quite a bit of pack space as well. I started posting some thoughts on it on my page...I'll keep updating as I get more experience with it. It may turn it into a full review eventually.

http://www.tothewoods.net/GearTestJRBStealth.html
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 09-29-2008 at 08:46. Reason: Fixed weight difference.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Nice review Jeff. Might have to get me one in the near future.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 09-28-2008 at 10:38.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

I'm sold on the No-Sniveler design, but I wish the Stealth had one-inch baffles instead of being sewn-thru.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    One inch baffles is close to the No Sniveler anyway...why not just use a NS?

I specifically wanted a sew-thru quilt this time...just for summer temps. Now I have a good summer-only option to cut weight and bulk enough to probably allow me a ~4 oz Z-pack or similar for summer...more weight cut!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I used to take my JRB No Sniveler on most of my camping trips but it's pretty warm for summertime, and I was carrying an extra 10 oz of quilt that just made me sweat at night. So I bought the Stealth. I think it'll be just what I need for summer temps and it should save quite a bit of pack space as well. I started posting some thoughts on it on my page...I'll keep updating as I get more experience with it. It may turn it into a full review eventually.

JJ,

You may want to correct the MSRP..... should be $209.95.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    It's still a good deal at $395
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    You may want to correct the MSRP..... should be $209.95.
    Fixed - sorry bout that!

One inch baffles is close to the No Sniveler anyway...why not just use a NS?

I specifically wanted a sew-thru quilt this time...just for summer temps. Now I have a good summer-only option to cut weight and bulk enough to probably allow me a ~4 oz Z-pack or similar for summer...more weight cut!
    Well, I just think it would be slightly warmer (more efficient) for the same weight. It is obviously more labor (read - more money) and it may not be enough warmer to justify it, that is likely what the Jacks decided. Nothing in the current JRB line has anything close to a one-inch baffle, current No Snivelers have 2in baffles (they used to have 1.5in baffles, IIRC)

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It would be a bit warmer, but it wouldn't be the same weight. Not only the noseeum baffles, but you'd need more down as well. Close to the same weight, but it would still put it over a pound.

Regardless, if it's what you want then run with it! I'm sure someone on HF would make you one if you pay enough. Or maybe JRB will eventually offer a 1" version.

Images
    I used to take my JRB No Sniveler on most of my camping trips but it's pretty warm for summertime, and I was carrying an extra 10 oz of quilt that just made me sweat at night. So I bought the Stealth. I think it'll be just what I need for summer temps and it should save quite a bit of pack space as well. I started posting some thoughts on it on my page...I'll keep updating as I get more experience with it. It may turn it into a full review eventually.

Extra 10 oz? Did you mean extra 4 or 5 oz carrying a No Sniv rather than Stealth?

Or is that counting the weight savings of being able to use a light pad due to bulk savings with the Stealth?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast