Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    ahhhhhh you guys are killing me i want a jarbridge so bad and just cant spend the money right now ahhhhhhhhh

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob2guns View Post
    FWIW...i used my jarbridge 3-S down to 9° F ( so far ) no pads or extras......o.k. for me...but we hangers are a diverse lot.....

used the 1-S jarbridge to mid 30's...

i use the 1-S for the warm months usually to the mid 40's....and now just use the NewRiver for the rest ..like the length for the winter...only ½ pound more and no adjustment problems or feet on the shockcord syndrome ...
    I guess I missed this post. It speaks to something I have been asking about for a while: Are the AHE quilts rated VERY conservatively? Of course, people vary greatly.

Still, don't all of the 3 season AHE quilts, all rated at 30F - have a layer of Climashield that weighs ( I think ) 6 oz per sq.yd.? If so, that just seems like it ought to be warmer than 30F for a lot of folks, maybe most folks. I really would expect more like at least 20 for average to warm sleepers, maybe more, assuming the UQ is fitted perfectly. ( Y'all know how easy it is to end up with some undesired venting or gaps with UQs)

And your result of still warm at 9F is for sure way beyond the expected 30F, and sounds like you maybe could push it a little lower.

And what weight of CS is in the 1 season? You are getting in the 40s. I get in the 40s ( with a CS Yeti ) with one layer that weighs 2.5 oz/sq.yd.. But again, if I ( and you ) are getting into the 40s OK with 2.5 wt., I would really expect to get way past 30 with 6 wt.

Are these UQs even dif cut? If they are not, it doesn't sound like it is hurting them much.

Going by users feedback here at HF, it sounds like Paul really makes an excellent quilt which, even though not down, has excellent warmth to weight, even better warmth to cost, which will be relatively immune to moisture problems and has very little fiddle factor. Sounds like volume is the only downside. For those of us who still use somewhat larger packs, that is not a huge downside. Oh, and maybe it lacks the windproofing of an HHSS, but every other stock system lacks that also. Just have to be skilled with your tarp and at finding sheltered spots, or add a sock/UQ protector. Or stuff a Jarbridge down under the pad ( or around the UC) in a HHSS! Lookout, HOT enough to burn!

Any thoughts on the rating being a bit more conservative than most? Maybe Paul, like Ed Speer, is just a really cold sleeper and rates his quilts for his needs? I'm looking forward to some of Y'all seeing how far these things can be pushed this winter.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ / WL TQ
    has the jarbridge changed ?

42X58 or 40X60 ??
    I asked Paul about the dimensions last week before I ordered my Jarbridge, as there was conflicting information (now fixed) on the website. His response was 42"x58", but he can make you a custom 40x60 if that's what you want.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    FWIW...i used my jarbridge 3-S down to 9° F ( so far ) no pads or extras......o.k. for me...but we hangers are a diverse lot.....

used the 1-S jarbridge to mid 30's...

i use the 1-S for the warm months usually to the mid 40's....and now just use the NewRiver for the rest ..like the length for the winter...only ½ pound more and no adjustment problems or feet on the shockcord syndrome ...
    Nice to know. Mine should be arriving this week, and temps are dropping. will keep posts on how low it can go Just wondering how the jarbridge works without the triangle thingies. In an effort to keep my spending down, I left those off my order... will I have issues with a WBBB or BIAS WWM?
    life time believer in the afternoon nap

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi

Thumbs up

Just bought my second one
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post

I get in the 40s ( with a CS Yeti ) with one layer.
    i just found out about these...you got an early WB yeti like Cannibal (prehistoric yeti )...with add a layer(s)...sounds like a great idea that didnt keep rolling...i have a set up to do almost the same thing ( if it gets cold enough to test run it ) with the newriver by adding a 1-S or 3-S jarbridge inside it . clips are all installed and pre-set...just 10 sec. to clip it in, and no adjustment problems. i got the s/c on the jarbridge head and foot adj. completely slack, so it wont have any compression factor on the newriver which seals the head and foot ends like usual.

maybe brandon will resurrect the original yeti CS again....??

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    without the triangle thingies. In an effort to keep my spending down, I left those off my order... will I have issues with a WBBB or BIAS WWM?
    It will still work great on both hammocks without the Triangles. They just help to take some of the fiddle factor...and there is very little of it to start with...and allow for a little more customization of the fit.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    It will still work great on both hammocks without the Triangles. They just help to take some of the fiddle factor...and there is very little of it to start with...and allow for a little more customization of the fit.
    good stuff. And I don't mind a lil' fiddlin
    Thanks for that Paul, now I am even more anxious to get it

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    Just wondering how the jarbridge works without the triangle thingies.
    shifting was the problem i had with the jarbridge....and one reason i use the newriver more ( except for >70°F ) ...i dreamed up a lot of different suspension methods, and they work, but IMO thats the big drawback of a partial length uq...

check out my albums if you want , for some of the suspensions i came up with...

one new one i have is adding a double s/c to the right foot side, and one to the left head side.
    but still can't get away from the big feet on the shockcord syndrome with the jarbridge...
    Last edited by bob2guns; 10-16-2012 at 13:11.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    shifting was the problem i had with the jarbridge....and one reason i use the newriver more ( except for >70°F ) ...i dreamed up a lot of different suspension methods, and they work, but IMO thats the big drawback of a partial length uq...

check out my albums if you want , for some of the suspensions i came up with...

one new one i have is adding a double s/c to the right foot side, and one to the left head side.
    but still can't get away from the big feet on the shockcord syndrome with the jarbridge...
    well it arrived this afternoon, and hoping to get a hang with it tonight. Looks very well made, and from a rough guesss, should cover shoulders down to mid calf on me. I will check out your albums after I try this bad boy out

" the Dude abides "

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast