Thread: Bye....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bye....

So... It's about to start raining... Well at least it threatening to - I'm so yearning to go hang, but no viable trees in my yard, just two wimpy "pretty" trees in the front yard...

Any who - I chose to verbalize my interest to go hang in the rain and from the other side of the couch I hear "bye..."

It's SO time for a TurttleDog stand!!!!
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Oh and here's the rain...

I grew up with a tin roof garage - used to go sit in it when it rained this hard - I miss that tin roof on days like today
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post

I grew up with a tin roof garage - used to go sit in it when it rained this hard - I miss that tin roof on days like today
    There is nothing like that sound. Even rain on a tarp can't touch it IMHO, but it comes close.

Get out there somehow...
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    OES Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    UGO
    Suspension
    Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post

And now you know your next project......maybe not the whole garage; 4 posts 12 ft apart. Some 2x8's above (a pergola, or gazebo perhaps) then some metal roofing (doesn't have to be galvanized). You can hang and test camping recipes!!!

Last project my father and I did together was build a metal roofed back porch at his place. I still like to go sit and listen to the rain hit its roof and I feel - for a moment - that he's there too.

• + New Posts