Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images

H.O.C. campground???

I have 20ac. in east Tenn. with a 1000ft of creek on it. Its very, very Private and I must say beautiful. For years I have rode my Harley and stayed at T.W.O (two wheels only) campgrounds and enjoyed being around folks of like hobby. I have ideas of building a (private or public) primitive hammock only campground (H.O.C.) and a 1 mile trail and would like any comment or suggestions ya'll might have. I very much believe in personal freedoms and that would be exercised on this property. The Cumberland trail will be coming within 2 miles of this property, we also have many other trails in the area.We have many outdoor things to do in this area as well.

The 1st pic shows the main fire spot, most of the clearing for this area is done, now we are workin our way around the creek. The second pic is the creek at its lowest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crackrbilly; 08-17-2012 at 11:41.
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I love the idea that someone would share their own land so others with similar interests can appreciate a truly great thing. You have almost convinced me to pay for a plane ticket back to the states for a hang. Good luck and keep us updated!
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Great Idea. It would be a great place for group hangs. And I'm sure you could get plenty of volunteers from this site alone to help out in the construction of some buildings during the group hangs. I know I would definitely would help out.

You said it is near the Cumberland Trail. Do you have a general Loc Coordinates for it?

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Sounds great, and I also thing a hang is in order and we can help you get it started.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    Great Idea. It would be a great place for group hangs. And I'm sure you could get plenty of volunteers from this site alone to help out in the construction of some buildings during the group hangs. I know I would definitely would help out.

You said it is near the Cumberland Trail. Do you have a general Loc Coordinates for it?
    I dont have, but its very near Stinging Fork Trail head. i have talked to CTC in Crossville,Tenn. and they said talks are on going with Bowater Timber Co. for the land to connect Grassy Cove Unit to the southern most unit in Chattanooga. I have put in to adopt Stinging Fork, and part of Piney River Trails, and for the const. of this section of the of the CT.
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Insulhammock

Hammock
    WBBB DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    This seems like a neat Idea. You could rent complete hammock set ups so people could experience hammock camping for the first time or try a different manufacturer. It would be great to have a store that sold all the latest hammocks and gizmos except it seems like most of, but not all, the best hammocks are made by cottage vendors who only sell direct.

Andy
    Friends don't let friends sleep on the ground.

My favorite data mining thread:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=55659

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full_timer View Post
    This seems like a neat Idea. You could rent complete hammock set ups so people could experience hammock camping for the first time or try a different manufacturer. It would be great to have a store that sold all the latest hammocks and gizmos except it seems like most of, but not all, the best hammocks are made by cottage vendors who only sell direct.

Andy
    Great idea, keep them coming

Insulhammock

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    ENO Dry Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I think this is an amazing idea! I don't have a lot of construction experience but I'm willing to help out in any way I can!
    Check out my (mostly) outdoor themed t-shirt design elements! Oblivious Art and Design Make your own custom tees! Hammock inspired designs to come!

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crackrbilly View Post
    I dont have, but its very near Stinging Fork Trail head. i have talked to CTC in Crossville,Tenn. and they said talks are on going with Bowater Timber Co. for the land to connect Grassy Cove Unit to the southern most unit in Chattanooga. I have put in to adopt Stinging Fork, and part of Piney River Trails, and for the const. of this section of the of the CT.
    Ok the Loc for Stinging Fork TrailHead is N35 42.765 W84 55.689
    You can insert this into google maps and it should take you to it. Take a look and see if this is correct.

If you do decide to do this and you wait till next spring to tackle the initial construction then id be more than willing to drive the 9hours from VA and lend a hand for a few days. It could be a group hang and we could all pitch in a hand to help out while we enjoyed each others company for a few days. A few Out-Houses or as we like to say where I am from "The Necessary," would be good to have in various places on the property. You could even build a few small inclosures to be used for make-shift showers. You wouldn't have to start big or anything. Start with few small things like the "Necessaries" and maybe next year, build a decent size Adirondack Shelter for a "Common area."
    Just tossing out few ideas.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodes423 View Post
    I think this is an amazing idea! I don't have a lot of construction experience but I'm willing to help out in any way I can!
    Same here..Spend last 8 years doing general home remodeling. Built few decks and sheds here and there also. Got plenty of tools..I'll admit it, I am as big of a tool junkie as I am a gear junkie...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast