Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps

Black Hills hang Aug 17 - 19

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. To all who expressed concern over my home run, I made it just fine with no big troubles. Left there about 3AM Hills time. Got up to whiz, and laid there worrying about car troubles. Finally decided not to worry about what was gonna happen, just go ahead and MAKE it happen. Besides, that time of night there's fewer people out and about to play bumper cars with. Stuck in a "Smokey & the Bandit" traveling music disk and Headed for home. For anyone who is interested in Hammocking, or considering which outfit to get, It would be wise to attend a "Hang" and eyeball the different brand units in use and talk to the owners. It's informative and quite educational. A note of thanks to all who went out of their way to make the weekend the joy it was is in order. And to the newly named "Mamma Boot" and the others, Thank you for the fine feast Sat night. Its so much fun to sit and shoot the breeze with the locals about local goings on. I just can't get enough of the hills! Well, better go home to a tasty Bison steak. Hope to see you again out there or elsewhere. Signed Frank The Ice Man

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Glad you had fun. Pictures!

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. To all who expressed concern over my home run, I made it just fine with no big troubles. Left there about 3AM Hills time. Got up to whiz, and laid there worrying about car troubles. Finally decided not to worry about what was gonna happen, just go ahead and MAKE it happen. Besides, that time of night there's fewer people out and about to play bumper cars with. Stuck in a "Smokey & the Bandit" traveling music disk and Headed for home. For anyone who is interested in Hammocking, or considering which outfit to get, It would be wise to attend a "Hang" and eyeball the different brand units in use and talk to the owners. It's informative and quite educational. A note of thanks to all who went out of their way to make the weekend the joy it was is in order. And to the newly named "Mamma Boot" and the others, Thank you for the fine feast Sat night. Its so much fun to sit and shoot the breeze with the locals about local goings on. I just can't get enough of the hills! Well, better go home to a tasty Bison steak. Hope to see you again out there or elsewhere. Signed Frank The Ice Man
    Glad you made it Frank - great meeting you
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    Glad to read that you made it home safely, Iceman. So nice to meet you and the others who came out for out hang!

For those of you who may be curious as to bison sightings, boothill and I ran into a whole herd in Hill City!

"You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    glad you made it home safe and sound frank, it was a pleasure meeting you and hope you can make it back next year when we do it all again, i will make sure and forward this thread to the newly named "mamma boot" so she can follow it, she will be thrilled to know that she is now famous in the hammock community

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Glad you got the car safely home. I'm in a lakeshore campsite with about 5 more hours of driving tomorrow.

Boot Hill and sodakgirl sure put on a great event for one and all! I really appreciate all you and your "support crew" did for us. You outdid yourselves

There were so many good trees to hang from it was hard to choose a site. Glad my snoring wasn't a bother to anyone, or you were all too polite to mention it. I gotta do more group hangs, the folks I meet are all top notch! I've so much to learn its a great way to get exposed to such a variety.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post

Boot Hill and sodakgirl sure put on a great event for one and all! I really appreciate all you and your "support crew" did for us. You outdid yourselves

There were so many good trees to hang from it was hard to choose a site. Glad my snoring wasn't a bother to anyone, or you were all too polite to mention it. I gotta do more group hangs, the folks I meet are all top notch! I've so much to learn its a great way to get exposed to such a variety.
    to be honest the "support crew" made it VERY easy for me, they did almost all of it and i am very grateful

never heard a single snore out of ya can't wait to see all the pics and video from you, make sure to post them when you get home, it was great meeting you and hopefully you! will make it to the "2nd annual"

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    There was a request for recipes of the zucchini bread that I made for the Hang. Here they are:

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

I substituted raspberries for the blueberries (add them when frozen) and it turned out pretty tasty. Bon appetit!
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Still rolling along, home tonight...spent last night on the banks of the mighty miss...AWESOME TIME MEETING EVERYONE...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY

Pictures, as it DID HAPPEN!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7679924...7631180978780/

Somehow flickr scrambled the order pretty badly. I don't know if that is fixable so you'll just have to enjoy the random scenes. Check the video at the end for sure!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast