Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEarth View Post
    Brandon, have you tried using GG LT4 poles with the camera option for the spreaders? Or any poles for that matter?

everybody,
    When mine was delivered, I set it up in the backyard and fell asleep in 15 minutes of playing around...and I'm not a nap guy. I love the visibility.

The side effect of the great visibility is it makes for challenging side sleeping. I understand it's just the nature of the beast though. When your knee shoots out to the side it ends up sitting on the edge of the hammock's sewn edge like others mentioned. Since putting your knee on the rigid edge isn't comfortable, I put my normal knee pillow on it and let my knee sit on that. Seems to work.

Be careful with side sleeping though, if your not aware and slide to far to one side you can flip that hammock. Haven't done it but can see it happening when half asleep.

I tried it with the extension out too. Yes more stable and yes, maybe a bit better for side sleeping.

This RR is the best thing that has happened to backpacking in a while.
    See I don't have the "tipiness" that people keep talking about, and can't imagine how I would ever roll this hammock. To me it feels completely stable and reassuring. Also, laying on my side is extremely comfortable, which is a huge part of why I love this hammock, because I'm a dedicated side sleeper. This all makes me wonder if my size plays a roll in the way the hammock lays or not. I'm tall (6'-6") but not super heavy (215), and I wonder how this affects the hammock as far as being weighted with me in it.

I can't wait to get home today, gonna mow the lawn then lounge the rest of the night away in my Ridgerunner!

Hammock
    WBRR and WBBB
    Tarp
    EOS Spinn Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I'm tall (6'-6") but not super heavy (215), and I wonder how this affects the hammock as far as being weighted with me in it.
    I'm not far off your size. 6'3" 225lbs. Where I get into is, how far I let my butt get to the edge when I start to bring my knees up (when on my side). If I keep my CG in the middle, no problem. It's expected behavior.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEarth View Post
    I'm not far off your size. 6'3" 225lbs. Where I get into is, how far I let my butt get to the edge when I start to bring my knees up (when on my side). If I keep my CG in the middle, no problem. It's expected behavior.
    I could definitely see an issue if you were to hang your butt off the edge, when on your side. When I'm on my side my legs only curl up a little bit, I never go to fetal or anything close to that.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ
    Wouldn't the saddle bag lines staked out and 4* pc removed keep you from spilling out. Would like to hear more about this as I'm super close to sending bb and superfly back and can't afford 2 hammocks. Would feel like a fool if I had to e mail Brandon again saying I just can't get feel secure in rr without dumping out especially after sending back bb and superfly which I love both

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Is there a specific reason you're wanting to send the blackbird back if you already love it? I am a big fan of the ridgerunner, but no way in heck would I have traded my blackbird in for a ridgerunner without even having a chance to lay in the ridgerinner first.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ
    I haven't made the decision yet. But the ridgerunner sounds so appealing. But more and more thinking about what i'm gonna do. Will more then likely end up keeping the bb and superfly as i really do like it.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursnfurs View Post
    I haven't made the decision yet. But the ridgerunner sounds so appealing. But more and more thinking about what i'm gonna do. Will more then likely end up keeping the bb and superfly as i really do like it.
    Same here, but the blackbird just seems simpler, more streamlined, stealthier...I know I'm weird but after functionality I'm into appearance. Plus, I slept in my back yard last night and it's just perfect...best sleep ever!

Still, very tempted to buy one just to try it out!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I am hoping someone at the NJ hang will have a bridge style hammock so I can potentially try it out. This way I will be in a better standing when thinking of purchasing a bridge. For me, right now, I just have too many questions about bridge hammocks to make the purchase...but dang this r.r. looks nice!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

I like how it can go to ground so easy. I was also recently reading about using a 25 inch wide inflatable pad in a bridge. It sounds like an ideal set up for a long thru hike.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle

Got this running through my head non stop as I wait for my shipping notice.... been over a week now....The wait is killing me! Can't wait for my RR
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

• + New Posts
  • Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast