Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hey Brandon....what is the toggle and small shock-cord up at the head end of the hammock on the outside?
    Thanks!
    Shug
    that's to attach it to the spreader, you may find it useful if the net is not being used...the end cap may be a little lose and very near your head so that's just to pull it out of the way if it is in the way. if you remove the 4" section you'll probably want to use it for sure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full_timer View Post
    I experimented with this some last night. I found it quite comfortable if you sit at the wide end. With the 4" bar in, the top piece of webbing seemed to be just slightly above shoulder level, I'm 5' 11". Sitting in the middle of the hammock was less comfortable for me.

Another thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned so far, but can be seen in Yukon's great pictures if you look close, is the end caps have almost mini-hammocks in them. The great part of this is you can put a 2 liter soda bottle in them and it stays put. This is fantastic, in my BMBH anything not in a stuff sack or mesh peak bag ended up on top of me.

Andy
    yes, the end caps are made baggy/loose so they can be used as extra storage, the one at the head end is often useful for putting your arms back behind your head if you want to

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursnfurs View Post
    Was wondering whoever has the new rr is it possible to sleep in the #4 position
    I'm able to put my legs in a #4, and it's comfortable. Depending on how I lay, my knee can stick up over the side of the hammock. That support is pretty rigid, but I haven't spent enough time in this position to say whether it will cause discomfort.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    i also should note that the pillow support can be tweeked by the user. if you find the ridge under your neck to be too aggressive, with a "little" force it can be stretched out/softened.

you can make two fists and place them on either side of your neck and then arch your back, this will put alot of weight on your fists...on the neck riser and stretch it out some. you could do this from outside the hammock as well, just unzip the head end and push on it from the outside. careful though, doesn't take a ton of force to stretch it out a little

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Does the single layer (1.1 I thought I read) have the same sag as a gathered-end hammock? At 180 I feel like I'm pushing that just a little and I prefer flat... Contrary, I thought I'd read on an earlier post the 2nd layer didn't add much support?

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

arm stretch

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    yes, the end caps are made baggy/loose so they can be used as extra storage, the one at the head end is often useful for putting your arms back behind your head if you want to
    Yeah, that's the first thing I did when I got in - put my hands out behind my head - since its what I do at home on the regular bed. Very psyched about it, seems like this will indeed be my floating bed in the woods. I didn't seem to have an issue on my side in fetal position - or knees pulled up - as others have suggested. And on stomach wasn't bad at all.

Very impressed with the details. I think many will appreciate that they don't absolutely have to carry a pillow - not on your back anyway. I think I will carry one anyway for side sleeping, but when I don't need it, just shove it to the end cap and out of the way.

I love the end caps because at the head end I can put my pillow in the little pocket and it stays there until I need it.
    The other bridge hammocks I have/had, the pillow fell out every time I got in or out of the hammock so this is just another plus for the WBRR.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HobieCat View Post
    Does the single layer (1.1 I thought I read) have the same sag as a gathered-end hammock? At 180 I feel like I'm pushing that just a little and I prefer flat... Contrary, I thought I'd read on an earlier post the 2nd layer didn't add much support?
    no, being a bridge the flatness is adjustable depending on how it's hung

Hammock
    WBRR and WBBB
    Tarp
    EOS Spinn Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Brandon, have you tried using GG LT4 poles with the camera option for the spreaders? Or any poles for that matter?

everybody,
    When mine was delivered, I set it up in the backyard and fell asleep in 15 minutes of playing around...and I'm not a nap guy. I love the visibility.

The side effect of the great visibility is it makes for challenging side sleeping. I understand it's just the nature of the beast though. When your knee shoots out to the side it ends up sitting on the edge of the hammock's sewn edge like others mentioned. Since putting your knee on the rigid edge isn't comfortable, I put my normal knee pillow on it and let my knee sit on that. Seems to work.

Be careful with side sleeping though, if your not aware and slide to far to one side you can flip that hammock. Haven't done it but can see it happening when half asleep.

I tried it with the extension out too. Yes more stable and yes, maybe a bit better for side sleeping.

This RR is the best thing that has happened to backpacking in a while.

It's a nice day so I was able to set up the RR outside.
    The Cloudburst is too big for the area where I set my hammocks up so I had to use a different tarp.

Last edited by spaceweaseal; 08-30-2012 at 12:42.

• + New Posts
  • Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast