WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Broke the news to my wife yesterday...ordered a RR and Spindrift tonight! I told her...If I don't deserve one than who does. (no response) I took that as a thumbs up!

Miguel

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Broke the news to my wife yesterday...ordered a RR and Spindrift tonight! I told her...If I don't deserve one than who does. (no response) I took that as a thumbs up!

Miguel
    Haha! Yes, silence = acceptance!

Ordered a RR and a Lynx last week, received the shipping confirmation...just a waiting game now!

Cheers

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Impatiently waiting for a report.

Edit...dangit...already hit the buy button.
    There have been two threads about this....one did the Phoenix http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58311 and the other thread was mine....I did the incubator. My thread has the incubator stuff as an update. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58950

Also...I heard from Brandon that in a couple weeks he will be releasing winter lynx underquilts....so look for my incubator for sale
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    Grizz style Bridge
    Insulation
    Primaloft PL-1 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide
    I think Brandon's biggest achievement is make the bridge "produceable" . The side bags are handy, but the real benefit is that it allows the bug net to easily attach and not get distorted under load.

Most bridge makers will tell you the bug net is the biggest pain in the neck to make, the rest of the bridge is easy.

I am in the process of making yet another version of a bridge. This one I added the side pockets and they work great. On mine they add about 1 oz, but they really take the tension off the net. I am shooting for the shortest bridge that's light for a dual layer, with tons of storage, and is stable. I'll post pics on another topic when done. It isn't "produceable" like Brandon's.
    Ed

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch
    ooooohhh buddy! I really want one of these.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0 / WBRR DL
    Tarp
    OMW/WBCB
    Insulation
    BurrowIncubPhoenix
    Suspension
    stock webbing
    Ridge Runner ordered ! Can not wait.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Got my first night in the RR under my belt last night! Really nice hammock, very well made, love the way the bug net goes away. Found it to be very comfortable, took a little fiddling to get the shallower hang angle as my attachment points are pretty close together.

The saddle bags are perfect. For the first time ever, I was able to sleep for over 3 hours on my stomach! I'm about 5'10" and found I could lay on my side, back, pretty much any way. The view from the hammock is great!

Can't say enough about the full length lynx though... it got down to about 10deg celcius last night, and wearing a t-shirt and hiking shorts, I had to throw off my top quilt a few times! The lynx is the easiest to install under insulation I have ever used, it seals up perfectly, and is crazy warm.

Brandon's put together a real winner for bridge users with this one!

Cheers
    Last edited by Callahan; 09-22-2012 at 14:23. Reason: Can't spell

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by egrant5329 View Post
    I think Brandon's biggest achievement is make the bridge "produceable" . The side bags are handy, but the real benefit is that it allows the bug net to easily attach and not get distorted under load.

Most bridge makers will tell you the bug net is the biggest pain in the neck to make, the rest of the bridge is easy.

I am in the process of making yet another version of a bridge. This one I added the side pockets and they work great. On mine they add about 1 oz, but they really take the tension off the net. I am shooting for the shortest bridge that's light for a dual layer, with tons of storage, and is stable. I'll post pics on another topic when done. It isn't "produceable" like Brandon's.
    I'd also ad that made it 'acceptable' to the regular gathered end crowd.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Also took my RR for its maiden voyage last night. Result? Best night in a hammock. Ever. It only got down to 29 degrees, so I stayed toasty warm in my full-length Lynx and JRB Hudson River. The storage space is incredible! I had a big magazine in the head pocket, clothes in the left saddlebag, and various items in the right. Halfway through the night I got too hot, so I took off my light jacket, shoved it to my left, and the left saddlebag just swallowed it up! Awesome design.

The cloudburst tarp with the tie-outs is downright spacious! I had no problem keeping the tarp away from the speader bar tips. I found a great spot surrounded by trees, so I only needed 1 trekking pole.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderman View Post
    Also took my RR for its maiden voyage last night. Result? Best night in a hammock. Ever. It only got down to 29 degrees, so I stayed toasty warm in my full-length Lynx and JRB Hudson River. The storage space is incredible! I had a big magazine in the head pocket, clothes in the left saddlebag, and various items in the right. Halfway through the night I got too hot, so I took off my light jacket, shoved it to my left, and the left saddlebag just swallowed it up! Awesome design.

The cloudburst tarp with the tie-outs is downright spacious! I had no problem keeping the tarp away from the speader bar tips. I found a great spot surrounded by trees, so I only needed 1 trekking pole.

Great pics, looks like a nice spot!

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast