Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
    Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    still tweaking
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    we're including a 28" piece of string now for drip strings.

also, the cloudburst tarp has a ring underneath that you can attach the netting line to so it stays under the tarp and allows you to get a steeper angle on the shockcord for better upward pull. another option would be to attach to the end of your tarp, that should keep the shockcord covered as well
    THAT'S what that was for! Thought it was for zipper pulls, and thinking to myself...shouldn't they be a bright color? That said...
    Should they be tied on or woven through the amsteel?

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I'm one of those that like a ridgeline to hang my glasses and a light on. I suggest that future models have small attachment loops on the inside of the bug net where the support lines are sew on. That's all I have been able to find to nit-pick about. Very nice design!
    stitch a loop of dental floss through the bug screen where you want them to hang

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'd just tie them on. That way you can slide them up/down the support to accommodate different tarp sizes, wind conditions, etc.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hikingdad View Post

Got this running through my head non stop as I wait for my shipping notice.... been over a week now....The wait is killing me! Can't wait for my RR

Why...Why ..Why ..did I click on this .. My WBRR is one the way .. Please stop the music .. ..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    stitch a loop of dental floss through the bug screen where you want them to hang
    I sewed a loop inside the net through the existing loop on the outside on both ends and tied a light duty ridge line between them. Works great for my Nite Ize SpotLit and glasses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question for the current Ridgerunner owners.
    I'm about to get in on the deal for the no-net version and now I'm deciding between the single and double. I currently have a downmat that I was planning on using between layers for this winter until I could save up for a 0° quilt. But, I fall within the weight limits of the single and if I can cut the weight I'd like to. The question is would it still be comfortable/stable with the downmat inside of the single? From my one experience lying in the hammock briefly, I know it's pretty shallow compared to other hammocks.

Thanks for the help!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    The second layer on the ridgerunner is somewhat "loose", allowing the pad to sit a bit below you, and not raise you up so much. I've used a Downmat 7 in my Ridgerunner double layer, and it still significantly lifted me up, despite the extra give you get from the second layer. I would be comfortable using some other pads inside of a single layer, but definitely NOT the downmat. It's just too thick. For the three ounce difference, if you have any intention of using the downmats, I'd definitely stick with the dual-layer.

Another upside of the dual layer is that, for hot weather where you aren't using under-insulation, the double layers help prevent mosquito bite-through.

Aha, just the insight I was looking for. And good point about the double layers for mosquitos later on. Mucho gracias, sir. This and the spindrift should make for a fun winter.

Now just need to devise a way of attaching a net down the road.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Question for the current Ridgerunner owners.
    I'm about to get in on the deal for the no-net version and now I'm deciding between the single and double. I currently have a downmat that I was planning on using between layers for this winter until I could save up for a 0° quilt. But, I fall within the weight limits of the single and if I can cut the weight I'd like to. The question is would it still be comfortable/stable with the downmat inside of the single? From my one experience lying in the hammock briefly, I know it's pretty shallow compared to other hammocks.

Thanks for the help!
    I had pretty much the same reaction as Mustardman although not to the same extent as when I used other hammocks. I find the key is to under inflate the air mattress, which is a good thing to do under any circumstances. I really like the way my NeoAir Xlite feels in my RR when I use less air. I do have a double btw.

Miguel

Thanks for the info!

Now for the Spindrift, if/when it comes out in multicam, it will be made from 1.9 versus the usual 1.1 (guessing). Will that make it significantly less breathable and perhaps cause more condensation on the inside?

• + New Posts
  • Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast