Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

My warbonnet is in

I am a proud owner of a new Double layer warbonnet hammock. When I got to work this afternoon my wife called and said I had a package waiting. I knew what it was but I had her open it over the phone to verify that it was the hammock I had been waiting for. Now I was stuck at work knowing that my new toy was home and I could not try it out.

You all know the first think I did when I got home. It was 9:30 at night but I set my new hammock up outside and had to try it. All I can say is WOW. Hennessey look out. I love this thin so far. I have so much room in it. I feel like I move from a VW bug into a minivan. I cannot believe all the room I have. The ridgeline is double the line that a Hennessey has, it make you feel more secure. The full length zipper is great. I am going to have to something on the zipper pulls though so I will be able to find them at night. Brandon if you read this then it might be a nice little bonus if you attach some string or something to the zipper pull to make them easier to find. Wow, the room is Awesome. There is more netting then in the older models of the warbonnet. The shelf is a nice add on and I like it so far. I have not been in the hammock long enough to add my use the double layer with my cushion yet or the shelf. I like the lay. I think this is the flattest lay I have had in a hammock and unlike the first hammock that he put out I don’t remember any should squeeze at all. It has so much room.

The pictures that Brandon posted do not to the hammock good. You have to see one and lay in it to really appreciate it. I would try and take some pictures for everyone but I don’t think they would come out to well here at 10 pm at night.

I am going back out with my pad and my sleeping bag now to see how it all works out. O, did I say that there is a lot of room in this hammock.

I will try and right more when I come back in the house if I do not fall asleep in it.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Wow, that's quite an endorsement. I believe one of those hammocks is in my future.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Alright about one hour has gone by since my last post. I went out and put my Z-rest in the double layer spot in the hammock and put my sleeping in. I was able to slide my Z-ret into the additional layer and unfold it inside the layer, it made it al lot easy to unfold the Z-ret inside the layer rather than stretch it open and then try to stuff it in. I was amazed at how easy it was. I can also confirm that with my Z-rest inside I have no should squeeze what so ever. I will have to confirm it again later without my Z-rest but not tonight the temps here in the low 40’s so I will keep the Z-ret in tonight.

The hammock has two tie outs and there both at the head end. Nice concept because I see no reason for tie outs at the foot end of this hammock because there is plenty of room. Both of these tie outs work perfect with my MacCat tarp. They line up perfect were it allows you to use the same stakes for the hammock as the tarp. This is unlike a Hennessey or other hammocks were the tie outs do not line up properly with the tarp tie outs. I don’t know if Brandon did this on purpose but it elevates have to carry more stakes. Brandon even if you did not do this on purpose I would claim you did because it’s awesome.

I find one thing that I have to get use to and that is the zipper. I mentioned I have a hard time finding it at night but I also seem to open it too far and I am ready to close the hammock up while inside I have to reach way down to the foot end because I have opened it all the way. This is probably my fault and I have to get use to not opening it so far. I will have to see in the future how this turns out.

As I said the ridgeline it very sturdy and I would not be afraid to hang anything off this ridgeline. One more thing about the ridgeline, it is very easily accessible for removal and reinstalling if you should ever want to do so. I don’t know what anyone would want to remove it though.

I cannot confirm that this is the flattest hammock I have ever laid in. Look out Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock (sorry to the Jacks’s). I think this is going to take over the market place. This hammock is very roomy and comfy.

The price beets all the other competitors like Hennessy and the Bear Mountain Bridge, Clark Jungle Hammock. The only down fall is that it does not come with a tarp but most people including myself end up buying a bigger tarp anyways. For the price, room and comfort I would highly recommend this style hammock to all.

Just to make one thing clear. Warbonnet did not pay me or give me a free hammock to say all this. I paid the same price that everyone else is paying for this hammock and it is worth every penny. I was just first on the list.

O, by the way did I say that this was roomy.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Wow, Congratz Attroll !
    Seems like you're pretty happy with the Warbonnet.

You don't make my waiting any easier now, you know

Quote Originally Posted by attroll;81087I
    find one thing that I have to get use to and that is the zipper. I mentioned I have a hard time finding it at night.
    This thing might do the trick for you ! Glowpulls

Minus the skulls (only pic i found with glow at the moment)

I use them myself here and there, they really glow at night and makes things easy to find.
    They are easy to attach, you just use a piece of paracord.

They can be found at:
    Lighthound for $0.75.

I think they are made by itwnexus.

@Brandon
    Maybe you should have this on the hammocks as standard?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Moski

Thanks for the info. I was about to order a couple until I saw it was going to cost me $3 for shipping. That is more then the product costs. I will look at Wally World next time go in or just tie some cord to it for now. It is not that big of a deal.

I was out trying to sleep in the hammock tonight but it is pretty darn windy at the house here and I decided to come in. I will attempt it tomorrow if it is not as windy.

I did also notice one thing while I was laying in the hammock tonight. I get the feeling that the ridgeline was not a normal ridgeline in a sense like the Hennessey's is. I get the feeling that the ridgeline is more of an extension of the tie outs that attach the hammock to the tree. It seems like one continuous line (though it is not) with the fabric hanging off it. The hammock is not actually being stretched when tied out to the trees. Well that is my impression maybe someone else can agree or disagree with me when they get there's.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was about to order a couple until I saw it was going to cost me $3 for shipping.
    Imagine my shipping costs here in Sweden,
    when a lot of the goodies only seem to be on your side of the water.

The hammock is not actually being stretched when tied out to the trees. Well that is my impression maybe someone else can agree or disagree with me when they get there's.
    Was that good or bad
    I never had or tried a hammock with a structural ridgeline.
    So this will be my first ever try.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hennessey hex
    Insulation
    RW quilt, GG pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings.
    Images
    I find one thing that I have to get use to and that is the zipper. I mentioned I have a hard time finding it at night but I also seem to open it too far and I am ready to close the hammock up while inside I have to reach way down to the foot end because I have opened it all the way.
    I get the same thing with my Claytor. You think you need the zipper undone further than you really do to exit. Since it's a long hammock it's hard to reach the sucker once you're back inside.

Can't wait to get my Blackbird. Thanks for the report, Troll. Though I was, until now, waiting patiently.
    Art
    ---------------
    "Strength is life; weakness is death."
    ---Swami Vivekananda

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I put a small piece of glow cord through my zipper pulls. Pretty easy to see with a headlamp and almost weightless.

Nice report on the Blackbird. I can't really afford new gear at the moment but some WB products are on my To Buy list...
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Was that good or bad
    I never had or tried a hammock with a structural ridgeline.
    So this will be my first ever try.
    It is good. Maybe that is why it gives you more room without the shoulder squeeze. Just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Manach View Post
    I get the same thing with my Claytor. You think you need the zipper undone further than you really do to exit. Since it's a long hammock it's hard to reach the sucker once you're back inside.

Can't wait to get my Blackbird. Thanks for the report, Troll. Though I was, until now, waiting patiently.
    Sorry about that. Just wanted to let you know that it will be well worth the wait. I am leaving Sunday for about a week heading to Vermont to do research on next years edition of Appalachian Pages. I will be brining the hammock with me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hennessey hex
    Insulation
    RW quilt, GG pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings.
    Images
    Sorry about that. Just wanted to let you know that it will be well worth the wait. I am leaving Sunday for about a week heading to Vermont to do research on next years edition of Appalachian Pages. I will be brining the hammock with me.
    Don't be sorry. It was an excellent report and I'm really excited about getting my hands on that Blackbird

Have fun in Vermont.
    Art
    ---------------
    "Strength is life; weakness is death."
    ---Swami Vivekananda

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast