WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Yup. with that said though I am happy with both purchases. They are both nice pieces of equipment. I guess I just expected leaves to not be in my expensive purchase lol, as I think is a fair assumption. let me reiterate though, so as not to bring out any negative blood, very very nice folks. Just, as you said, make sure all details are hammered out.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope

Buying Used

I never buy used, unless it is an incredible deal 70-80% off. I find whenever I buy used I later wish that I had just spent the money and purchased new. Almost everything goes on sale from 20-50% off at one point or another so why would I by a crapy used item that didn't suit the original buyer for only 20-40% off.

You can get good deals and not everyone sells crapy items I am just more comfortable purchasing my items new with warrenty.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Recently picked up one here from a forum member. I'll PM you the details.
    Happens my purchase price fell just within 'nogods' parameters.
    thanks for the info

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm amazed at how much people will pay for used equipment, sometimes paying more than it would cost new from a reputable retailer with free shipping and a liberal return policy.

I wonder if they don't know about google.

My target price for used is equipment (both buying and selling) is 50% to 70% of what I'd have to pay to buy new. More than that and I'd rather have new. And what the seller paid is irrelevant to me. If I can buy something new for $400, the fact that seller paid $450 for it new isn't going to get me to pay the seller $390 for it used.

The exception is something I want that is no longer made, then there is no retail new price to compare. What it cost 5 years ago is irrelevant.
    that's how most big box stores make money or should I say used to make money. I have pm'ed several people to let them know that the item they are selling used is cheaper new.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    this is why I posed the question. I was looking to see if used market fell off enough for me to look at buying from this forum or should I just figure the total cost.

for me it depends on the item I am purchasing as to the price difference I would take new and used. It seams like everyone sells things that are " new ", "just took it out of the box", " used it once" and these claims may very well be true. The problem is that enough people lie so I hedge my bets. I now look on ebay and these forums for items I can get at reduced prices to try it out. If it is as needed then buy new. I shop rei garage sales often and do the same there.

Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    this is why I posed the question. I was looking to see if used market fell off enough for me to look at buying from this forum or should I just figure the total cost.

for me it depends on the item I am purchasing as to the price difference I would take new and used. It seams like everyone sells things that are " new ", "just took it out of the box", " used it once" and these claims may very well be true. The problem is that enough people lie so I hedge my bets. I now look on ebay and these forums for items I can get at reduced prices to try it out. If it is as needed then buy new. I shop rei garage sales often and do the same there.
    It seems like a lot of folks buy just to see what it feels like or looks like, or how it lays and so on, both that and buyer's remorse, so it hits the for sale forum, which is not so bad, but items that are anything but new and are in sub-standard condition and are represented differently give this forum a bad rep.

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl
    I can only speak from my experiance when buying a used clark flex 180
    Item in as decribed shape , tarp unused and saved approx $100.00

More than happy and the posting party was great!!!!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    It seems like a lot of folks buy just to see what it feels like or looks like, or how it lays and so on, both that and buyer's remorse, so it hits the for sale forum, which is not so bad, but items that are anything but new and are in sub-standard condition and are represented differently give this forum a bad rep.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eightweight View Post
    I can only speak from my experiance when buying a used clark flex 180
    Item in as decribed shape , tarp unused and saved approx $100.00

More than happy and the posting party was great!!!!
    Bill
    I just bought a tarp and gt for my first. I wish it could have been a clack, but I don't have that kind of money right now. And besides, if I am going to brake my *** one something it might as well only have cost me 60 instead of 300-400. It also affords me the ability to take this set up on day trips for leisure and if I get a bugnet( or make one) i can let my son use this one.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I've always been surprised at the prices paid for used hammock gear. I bought a used NX 250 from a member here and paid more for it than than I would have liked. Having said that...it's one of my favorite hammocks and I do not regret the purchase. There's a reason Clarks are expensive....they are feature heavy....especially the NX 250.

BTW...it works both ways. I sold my WB Blackbird for a pretty hefty sum here on HFs and don't regret that either.

Miguel

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I've always been surprised at the prices paid for used hammock gear. I bought a used NX 250 from a member here and paid more for it than than I would have liked. Having said that...it's one of my favorite hammocks and I do not regret the purchase. There's a reason Clarks are expensive....they are feature heavy....especially the NX 250.

BTW...it works both ways. I sold my WB Blackbird for a pretty hefty sum here on HFs and don't regret that either.

Miguel
    I have been buying little things to help me complete my gear including a combo diy bug net, gt, and mosquito hammock tarp. I can make this one for minimal cost and finish getting some other items I want. Then save for a Clark or maybe something else if I get to try them out by the time I have the money.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12