Hello,

I am new to HF and very excited to see all the photos, gear descriptions, modifications, and DIY projects!

I used to backpack a lot in college and have taken a few years off while having kids. I always used tents except for one bad experience with a jungle hammock in a really bad thunderstorm (this was due to my lack of preparation for a storm). Very wet, cold night that was!

I am now getting back into backpacking and want to try hammock camping again. I just read "The Ultimate Hang" book by Derek Hanson and am very excited to get started! I thought I would buy an ENO setup because they are prominently featured in my local stores and ENO is based in NC where I live. However, after doing a little research, I see that there are lots of hammock makers out there, and being the technical gear head that I am, I want to make a mindful choice.

I am starting a wish list of hammock camping gear and wondered if any of the experienced hangers here might propose a list of ultimate gear for me . By this, I mean quality gear that has been tested and proven to perform well.

My main camping location will be NC with one other adult and possibly two small boys (I am starting them out in a family tent but they will be going back-woods with me as soon as they are able to).

Thanks for reading my post! I am off to look at more gear...

David
Morrisville, North Carolina