DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY

UGQ Zeppelin on order

I got the opportunity to meet Paul of UnderGroundQuilts last weekend at the First Annual Black Hills HF Hang, and inspected his Zeppelin quilt first hand. He in turn got to inspect my DangerBird72 to see how he thought the two would work out together. His confidence and product quality lead to my just-placed order.

I requested the long 20F version with draft collars, resist down and 2 oz overstuff, hopefully bringing it to a 10F rating (for Minnesotas weather unpredictability, that's a good thing!). I'm pretty excited to see the Coyote Brown with the Chocolate Brown/Champaign colors of the DB72, I think it will look great! The resist down will help with all the humidity we get with 10,000 lakes too.

Another HF member says his Zep fits his DB72 great, so I'm looking forward to some extended season sleep outs! I just love the Minnesota Autumns, but you never know when the temps will bottom out on you, so this will be very welcome addition to my gear! Might not be all I'll need for the Frozen Butt Hang, but it's a good start.

I'll post pics once I get it all together!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    You're gonna love it. Paul does nice work. I've got a 20°, coyote out, green in, draft collars and overstuff. That thing is bad @$$! I've been in full vent mode/couldn't even have it on some nights, all summer.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    I am really happy with my quilt from ugq's. His pillows are great as well.
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    I am really happy with my quilt from ugq's. His pillows are great as well.
    Paul raffled a couple pillows at the Black Hills Hang, and I was just a bit envious of the winners (I didn't pack a pillow), so I ordered my own to go with the Zep! I did get a nice hat from him though. I think Paul needs to put his logo on a good sleeping hat though! (hint, if he reads this).

I'm looking forward to the Autumn colors and camping on the weekends with crisp leaves and crisp morning air! It's a favorite time of year for me.

Glad to hear you're liking your quilts! I'm looking forward to one myself.

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop/ Blackbird
    Tarp
    Tad Pole/Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I got a 20* Zeppelin from him. Very nice quilt. Sky blue out and grey in. I'm going to post some pics up soon.

Just got my Zeppelin with the 'resist down' on Saturday. Paul was easy to work with, answered all questions quickly over email, and got the quilt out when he said he would. I tried it out Sat night, and stayed warm and comfortable all night, which went down to 54°. Fit my bottom entry HH like a glove, and sat right where I left it all night, no shifting. Can't say enough about it!

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

Ugq

Paul is great and will ensure you have all that you need to have a great end product
    I love mine!!!!

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    I've only slept in it down to 27*, but it was toasty warm, once I found the right settings which only took a few seconds.

The DangerBird72 has loops near both ends that I strung the bungees through, and it looks like they take the place of the triangle thingie concept. It helps to keep the quilt in contact with the hammock.

I have about a foot of spare hammock on either side of the quilt, that tends to want to hang inside the quilt and get in my face. I solved that temporarily by using a 6" length of KMart blue pad over the ridgeline. It acted as a spreader to keep the walls of the overcover away from me a bit. I'm encouraged to come up with a carbon fiber unit that folds up.

The quilt was mostly following my flopping from left to right diagonals, and if I got ahead of it I found I could easily pinch it through the fabric and pull it up to where I wanted it. End to end was plenty long enough and neither my head/shoulders or feet got cold.

This quilt is wonderful. and the color compliments the DB72 colors. Such a simple attachment and it does a wonderful job. Simple elegance. How I love that! The bungies are from my (purchased used here) JRB The Nest. The mini biners won't fit through the DB72 loops so they're in place ready to attach either quilt. That too is very nice. I'll rig up another bungie/biner combo for layering the quilts when the real cold stuff arrives, so I can keep the outer from compressing the inner.

I've got nothing but compliments for my Zeppelin, and Paul the man. He's a great guy to be around and has a great work ethic. He demands his personal best in everything he makes, and it shows in his products. I'm glad I got to meet him, and very glad I have a Zeppelin!

If you're in the area and want to inspect the setup, let me know, I'll be glad to show it off!
    Last edited by SteveJJ; 10-16-2012 at 23:03. Reason: typos

• + New Posts