Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images

Confessions of a hammock geek

Confession #1: I take my hammock to the park when entertaining the kiddos, hang it right in the middle of the uprights for the slide/jungle gym/fort structure/whatever.

Confession #2: Eyeballing our (my wifes) crinkly polyester window curtains as narrow hammocks....you know in case of emergency!

Confession #3: My girls, 1.5 and 3 years old, know who Shug is, like watching his vids and say Whoo Buddy....awesome.

Confession #4: Setup my tarp yesterday only so it could get rained on and we could hangout underneath. (I'm sure very common for folks like us)

Confession of a splicing nerd: Not content with the state of my drawstrings on my fav pair of hangout shorts, I backspliced the tails!!! Nice....

Hammock
    DangerBird72 /W.L. Light owl
    Tarp
    4S Cuben/WL OMW
    Insulation
    Fronkey made20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whooooopie...
    Ha, entertaining post!

6. Incessantly looking out for the perfect pair of trees.
    "When you get to the end of your rope,tie a knot and Hang On."- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy View Post
    Ha, entertaining post!

+1
    kinda like how my brain used to work as a skateboarder...always looking for something sweet to ride...

Hammock
    The one I'm in
    Your a dirty dirty man LOL

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy View Post
    Ha, entertaining post!

and i thought i was the only one!!! cant seem to help it no matter where i am, i wonder yep those would work no not those..
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 720fly View Post
    Your a dirty dirty man LOL
    Always looking for something to ride........hey I'm human.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Only four? Prepare to feel better...

1. I find just about any excuse to hit up thrift stores and the bargain bin at Hancock Fabrics to look for material to make my young'uns their own hammocks--"Honey, do you need pins? What about thread? More patches for the boy's pants? I think we lost the stitch remover... should I get anoth... Uh, no reason. Just want to be helpful."

2. I spent the last three months figuring out a way to get my 4 boys hanging full time in their bedroom--I will spend the next three years trying to figure out how to override the Missus' veto (which was swift and severe).

3. I spent more time pondering over my suspension options than I did trying to pick a name for my last son--"Ashley? Yeah sounds good, hon... wait a minute!"

4. Even though I tiled a bathroom floor; cleaned out a garage that was threatening to invade the rest of our home; fixed a thousand things around the house; went body surfing and was able to catch waves at will; and even made a solar cooker and cooked all our evening meals with it; the most eventful thing that happened to me over the summer was hanging my hammock from two points that were 57' 9 1/2" apart (here's a shameless plug for anybody with 10 minutes to kill--but remember, you can never get them back).

5. I should be preparing tomorrow's lessons for my classes right now, but instead I'm posting and reading things on this forum--I will continue to do this until things stack up so badly I'll need a backhoe to pull myself out. This pattern has been repeated since September of 2010 and will most likely be repeated in perpetuity.

6. I also look forward to inclement weather.

7. I risked the Missus' ire and derision and wrath by becoming a Donating Member (she still doesn't know).

8. To and from work I spend most of my time scanning the country roadsides looking for the ever elusive Foster's can so that I can compliment my Heine cook kit with a Foster's pot (evidently nobody buys Foster's for the beer itself).

9. Taking a look at the youtube history on my phone I see: 21 hammock/camping related videos, 4 non-hammock/non-camping videos--I cleared my history just 5 days ago.

10. This confessional list already has 10 items in it, and haven't even touched the subject of splicing.

and yet... it could be worse
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Only four? Prepare to feel better...

1. I find just about any excuse to hit up thrift stores and the bargain bin at Hancock Fabrics to look for material to make my young'uns their own hammocks--"Honey, do you need pins? What about thread? More patches for the boy's pants? I think we lost the stitch remover... should I get anoth... Uh, no reason. Just want to be helpful."

2. I spent the last three months figuring out a way to get my 4 boys hanging full time in their bedroom--I will spend the next three years trying to figure out how to override the Missus' veto (which was swift and severe).

3. I spent more time pondering over my suspension options than I did trying to pick a name for my last son--"Ashley? Yeah sounds good, hon... wait a minute!"

4. Even though I tiled a bathroom floor; cleaned out a garage that was threatening to invade the rest of our home; fixed a thousand things around the house; went body surfing and was able to catch waves at will; and even made a solar cooker and cooked all our evening meals with it; the most eventful thing that happened to me over the summer was hanging my hammock from two points that were 57' 9 1/2" apart (here's a shameless plug for anybody with 10 minutes to kill--but remember, you can never get them back).

5. I should be preparing tomorrow's lessons for my classes right now, but instead I'm posting and reading things on this forum--I will continue to do this until things stack up so badly I'll need a backhoe to pull myself out. This pattern has been repeated since September of 2010 and will most likely be repeated in perpetuity.

7. I risked the Missus' ire and derision and wrath by becoming a Donating Member (she still doesn't know).

8. To and from work I spend most of my time scanning the country roadsides looking for the ever elusive Foster's can so that I can compliment my Heine cook kit with a Foster's pot (evidently nobody buys Foster's for the beer itself).

9. Taking a look at the youtube history on my phone I see: 21 hammock/camping related videos, 4 non-hammock/non-camping videos--I cleared my history just 5 days ago.

10. This confessional list already has 10 items in it, and haven't even touched the subject of splicing.

and yet... it could be worse
    Yes I do feel better, thank you Doctor.

I should show these posts to my wife...haha....actualy yah she had a good laugh last night when I was backsplicing my drawstring with a piece of copper wire, while I still had the shorts on...haha.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    Yes I do feel better, thank you Doctor.

I should show these posts to my wife...haha....actualy yah she had a good laugh last night when I was backsplicing my drawstring with a piece of copper wire, while I still had the shorts on...haha.
    Shorts still on? My hat's off to you, sir!
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' Cobalt / Burgundy.
    Tarp
    Homemade Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post

Yep. We like the idea of going camping in the rain. Cold weather? BRING IT! We've even camped in snow! ... now I know that's nothing for you northern folk, but for Texans, that's

Known conversation with my sister:
    Her: "Looks like the weather cleared up for your trip"
    Me: I know! It SUCKS!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast