Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    As far as snowshoes goes. We had some to loan out last year, and as far as I can remember everyone had some. Many of though's people have there own now and we still have extra. If you can get your own I recommend it because there nice to have
    But if moneys tight we can work it out.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I actually have snowshoes, just wondering if they were needed. As far as the drive, sounds like about 8 hrs from north of Seattle. My buddy couldn't leave until after work on Friday, so it sounds like if my Dr. releases me for activity, it would be Sat. afternoon before we could make it...

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I actually have snowshoes, just wondering if they were needed. As far as the drive, sounds like about 8 hrs from north of Seattle. My buddy couldn't leave until after work on Friday, so it sounds like if my Dr. releases me for activity, it would be Sat. afternoon before we could make it...
    I'm not sure where you are coming from...but it's 3 hours with no traffic from Seattle proper to Portland, and another 1 to 1 1/2 hours from Portland to the "Mountain", depending on traffic. You could come down Friday and spend the night in Portland, then drive up the next day....or there is a hotel in Sandy, about 45 minutes from the Mountain. Just a thought....

Also, Hwy 26 is a Safety Corridor and people drive like idiots so mind your speed and take your time...
    Blog: www.renegadepilgrim.com
    Tumblr/Instagram/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Hammock
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    As of right now....
    Base depth at Timberline lodge is 63"
    They have had a total of 172" and we are not even at the peak of the season.
    So yeah there is a nice amount of snow!
    Oh and today at 10am.. its currently 18 degrees there.

Couple of us are thinking about headed up there next weekend for a night if anyone is interested.
    My DIY Pulk Project

Not that far away...

Yeah, so you're not even going to Portland before you head towards the mountain, infact you're going to the east of it which is better and will save you time.

http://goo.gl/maps/vREkJ

Link to map takes you to government camp (12 miles away from clear lake). You're looking at under 4 hours for the trip from seattle to destination. LOTS of lodging now near government camp or even in the sandy area. I'd just get it done on Friday or do an early start on Saturday.
    Last edited by tone+one; 12-18-2012 at 17:12.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tone+one View Post
    Yeah, so you're not even going to Portland before you head towards the mountain, infact you're going to the east of it which is better and will save you time.

http://goo.gl/maps/vREkJ

Link to map takes you to government camp (12 miles away from clear lake). You're looking at under 4 hours for the trip from seattle to destination. LOTS of lodging now near government camp or even in the sandy area. I'd just get it done on Friday or do an early start on Saturday.
    If we knew what time he was coming in, a couple of use could probably lead him in at night... Glow sticks are cool! lol
    My DIY Pulk Project

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    SynMat9/Phantom 15
    Suspension
    Kammok Python Strp
    I would love to join you folks (Hillsboro/Beaverton area) but I just ordered my first hammock & tarp so I have zero experience. I've been backpacking and camping with tents over the years but I've yet to "hang". Wondering if this would be a great opportunity to learn from "seasoned" hangers or if I would just be in the way...a fish out of water.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
    I would love to join you folks (Hillsboro/Beaverton area) but I just ordered my first hammock & tarp so I have zero experience. I've been backpacking and camping with tents over the years but I've yet to "hang". Wondering if this would be a great opportunity to learn from "seasoned" hangers or if I would just be in the way...a fish out of water.
    Your more than welcome to join and learn..
    But make sure you have gear that can deal with the temps.
    Worse case you could come down during the day and bring your gear and hang out and try it and see if your warm enough before committing to stay the night.
    My DIY Pulk Project

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    +1 to Gary R. You could always set up your tent and try the hammock. Bail out to the tent or back to the car. Bring a couple of shovels and we could even build a quinzee to sleep in. I've done that in the front yard.

Tone+one, thanks for the map. My buddy is starting a new job the 2nd of January, so we're still a little hung up on if he can even go. I've been off work for surgery and hoping I'll be back into shape by then (and wife will let me, we have 4 kids and a new exchange student; very busy around our house).

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    SynMat9/Phantom 15
    Suspension
    Kammok Python Strp
    +1 to Gary R. You could always set up your tent and try the hammock. Bail out to the tent or back to the car. Bring a couple of shovels and we could even build a quinzee to sleep in. I've done that in the front yard.
    Good points and thank you to both you and Gary. I need to go through ALL my gear/clothing etc and see if I have what I'll need for this proposed camping area in Jan. Do I need to confirm once I know I'm coming for sure or do I just show. Maybe I'm asking a dumb question but that's what noobs do.
    My Flickr / My YouTube

"Most of us are just about as happy as we make up our minds to be" - Abraham Lincoln

"A left handed, open minded, closed mouth (quiet), over-analytical, under the radar, through the woods kind of guy" -Me

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast