Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy

New guy from Utah

So i have commented on threads already but realized I have not introduced myself yet. I'm in between homes right now. My first home wouldn't sell in the economy so we decided to rent it out. While living there I had a great grape arbor. The posts were a perfect distance for a hammock. I didn't want to jump feet first into the deep end so to speak, so I started with a Grand Trunk single to get my feet wet.

I started with lazy day naps which were fine as long as the sun wasn't in my eyes. I did try one night in the hammock but gave up after an hour of freezing my tail end off. So I started more research and stumbled across Shug's hilarious youtube channel. I got many great ideas but was short on $$$. Winter came and I put up the hammock. With it went my interest till spring. I was excited to pull it back out and start experimenting. That was till the wife said lets rent the house since it's not selling. All my time and energy went into the house then so couldn't really focus on the hammock ideas. Finally found some renters and moved in with the in-laws while looking for my new place.

I do have a place to hang here and even tried a full night in the single. I think I came to the conclusion it's just too small of a hammock for a good lay. Then I had to go and try to find Shug's channel all over again for some new/old ideas. This of course led me to the greatest forum ever!!!

Been cruising the forums for months now trying to decide how to get involved without dumping a lot of $$$, gathering fresh ideas and debating on DIY or purchase one. Last night I finally order 3 tablecloths for me, my wife and one for the kids to play in. I decided this would be a great place to start and if the "addiction" takes hold... Oh man it looks like I could be in some serious trouble. Given from what I read here.

My oldest is 6 and in two more years gets to start his awesome scouting life. Not sure if I'm more excited for him or if he is. I am an Eagle Scout myself with lots of camps and backpacking trips while scouting. All on the ground though. I am excited to start camping with my boy and scouts but this time... Hammocks!!!

Okay this intro went on way to long. So I'm waiting for my DIY hammocks to show up and then get the family into hanging. This could be a fun experience with my Geocaching hobby as well. So here I am and hope to stay.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner/DoubleNest/DIY Gathered
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Noah's
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/Tog
    Welcome from Utah County. Not a lot of us in Utah, but a few. I'm a Shug convert as well. Stumbled on to him on YouTube, and got addicted pretty quick. My wife tells me I should have gotten addicted to cocaine instead, it would have been cheaper! You'll find that the Grand trunks and the Table cloth DIY hammocks are like gateway drugs. Pretty quick you'll need something bigger and better to get your fix... Let the spending begin! If you're happy with your new addiction, then you're in the right place. Everyone on here will be glad to lead you deeper and deeper into temptation. Seriously though, you won't find a better group of people, or a better moderated forum. Hammock forums really is an oasis among the swamp that is the internet. If you ever need anything, just ask. The folks on HF will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you need. Welcome aboard!

-Hangout
    Last edited by hangout; 08-28-2012 at 19:19.
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the places I cannot hang,
    Courage to hang in the places I can, (but probably shouldn’t)
    And wisdom to know the difference."

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    Gateway drugs... Great! And just when I thought I could get over my Geocaching and motorcycle addiction, and before that mountain biking. Why do I have to keep getting interested in expensive hobbies? Oh well... I'm doomed!!! Need a Hobby Anonymous on the forum as well. Although it seems like I'm not so far gone as some of you guys. Hope I can control myself I'm sure you guys will help keep me in check right???

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    A Big Whoooo Buddy from Shug...of the Third Person)))))))
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Howdy from Texas!!
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    RidgeRunner/DoubleNest/DIY Gathered
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Noah's
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/Tog
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadiocre View Post
    I'm sure you guys will help keep me in check right???
    That's like asking your drug dealer to cut you off when he thinks you've had too much! Honestly, I think this whole thing is a conspiracy. 90% of the people on here are actually vendors in disguise trying to sell you something new! BTW...I did the motorcycle thing too. My wife couldn't believe that buying the motorcycle was actually the cheapest part of the whole obsession. The only thing that saved me was the birth of my daughter. Hard to cross-country motorcycle with an infant in tow. (Wife said it wasn't appropriate to bungee her car seat to the bike...she's no fun) Anyways, anytime you're ready to quit, just let us know. We'll be glad to help...Trust us!
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the places I cannot hang,
    Courage to hang in the places I can, (but probably shouldn’t)
    And wisdom to know the difference."

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    A Big Whoooo Buddy from Shug...of the Third Person)))))))
    Okay... So is it weird that this just made my day? I'd rather meet Shug than most celebrities. It's the real people I look up to.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    Babel,
    I have one thing to say to you.... 42

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux Asym
    Insulation
    Windshiedeflectors
    Welcome from a WV Scoutmaster and father of one Eagle Scout and one Star Scout !

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast