Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HH Hyperlite Asm
    Insulation
    WBBM TQ, DIY Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've learned that if I listen to about 1/3 of what she says, I can catch enough of the conversation to offer responses coherent enough to satiate her conversational needs.

The other 2/3 I'm looking up hammock/survival stuff.

Edit: Oh and I'm not even married.

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    "I always listen intently when my wife is rambling about her day". -- said no man, ever.
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    I ALWAYS pay attention to the Missus, but I am often reading/thinking about my next hammock project while I am paying attention. I like to think of it as mental multi-tasking.

It's a two-way street though. If you are thick skinned try this: when your non-hammocky significant other is on the computer or watching tv, talk to her/him about your upcoming hammock project or some of your hammock thoughts or your most heartfelt hammock feelings. Pay attention to eye contact--almost non-existant. Now count the number of "uh-huh's". Gentlemen, while she's heard the word hammock, her mind has written a discourse on the Twilight series. Ladies, he's crunching stats for Fantasy Football.

So don't feel too bad--unless, of course, the topic of conversation is something relevant to you both, like... say, your children or your 20th wedding anniversary. Then heaven spread it's mercy upon you!
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL BD TP
    Insulation
    WL TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Images
    Mental multi tasking, hmmm, never thought of it like that before. I tend to pick out the important parts so that if the gf asks me I can chime in like I've been listening intently the whole time. I've caught her as well faking it when I ramble on about how cool the Forum is so it's a two way street no doubt.

I might not bore her as much about hammock talk in the future though because she took a nap in my hammock last week while tent camping and liked it. A new convert, ya never know.
    If a woman doesn't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy...Red Green

Jerry,

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Old Eddie Bauer
    Insulation
    Bag and pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    All the time! It's to a point where she can tell by the look on my face that I'm dreaming up my next project.

But we had a breakthrough last night! While I was cooking dinner (Tex-Mex tacos which were awesome) she startled me by asking if we could watch Shug's videos. I about dropped a pot full of refried beans on my toes.

So after inhaling some artery clogging goodness I pulled up YouTube and started the intro series of videos. By the end of the night we had watched all of the intro videos, all his trips reports, and several other videos of Shug being Shug.

Now she won't stop talking about camping in hammocks this winter.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Huh? What was that? Can you run that by me again so that I fully understand your point.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    It definitely is a two way street. The responses are a lot better than I thought.

Images
    Sure have....even worse, I stopped listening to the news to read the forums, waiting on Hurricane Isaac to pass thru...

Hammock
    clarke Nx 250/ woodsman x ?
    Tarp
    ML Cuban Fiber
    Insulation
    ukhammocks modular
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutch kit
    "No way man" work is work and play is play enjoy the wife when she is around and enjoy the hanging in your time as the knives are sharp..............
    "THE FINAL STEPS WHICH WE MAKE IN LIFE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVE SLOWLY"... r. s. g . 1966

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL BD TP
    Insulation
    WL TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XSrcing View Post
    All the time! It's to a point where she can tell by the look on my face that I'm dreaming up my next project.

But we had a breakthrough last night! While I was cooking dinner (Tex-Mex tacos which were awesome) she startled me by asking if we could watch Shug's videos. I about dropped a pot full of refried beans on my toes.

So after inhaling some artery clogging goodness I pulled up YouTube and started the intro series of videos. By the end of the night we had watched all of the intro videos, all his trips reports, and several other videos of Shug being Shug.

Now she won't stop talking about camping in hammocks this winter.
    Shug will do that for you. He has the same effect on the gf. She will never do the days on end trip but I'm thinking she'll sleep in a hammock on some of our car camping trips which will get us both off the ground and save me from packing and setting up the tent
    If a woman doesn't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy...Red Green

Jerry,

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast