Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    still deciding
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My son and I are heading to Florida Caverns State Park with his cub scouts this weekend. When I made arrangements for the youth camping area, the park folks seemed excited that my son and I were planning on hanging. Nice to hear they are warming up to the whole idea. I hope to convert a few tent folks while we are at it.

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Looks like My dad and I will be there but we will camp out near the permanent privies, He is a bit old @75 to try the squat anymore.
    We will be there by 2 or 3 in the afternoon and will be bringing the following Turley knives along if anyone wants to come see or try them out.
    Z-SERE #2 **prototype**
    12-30-10 Model 22 Z-sere generation one- 5160 spring steel , Reverse varied convex grind, Heat treat scale left on the flats ,Carmel linen micarta scales ,Thin green g10 spacers ,Steel pins **prototype**
    Dogwood #17
    12-30-10 Model 16 Dogwood- 5/32” o-1 tool steel, full height convex, natural canvas micarta scales, 1/8” Dark brown canvas spacers, brass pins and lanyard
    Osage #2
    1-09- Daweese style- 3/16 1095, 400 finish , engraved Turley on side- jigged buffalo stag horn scales, red spacers, two contoured brass (3/16”) pins, one contoured ¼” brass lanyard pin- snap flap airbrush finish sheath

All will be getting dirt time THIS weekend, starting Friday afternoon.
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    NMLRA(1 of 1000[#249] & Life Member), NRA(Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Got to site Friday about 3PM, set up then started pulling nails and tent stakes out of trees. Some were to large for the tools I had on hand. Bobby and crew arrived about 8-8:30PM and went on out tothe "Great Spot".

Sat. morning they came back to my camp for show and tell. Rain started to move in so things broke up about 1:30PM.

Motorcycles are such fun in the rain!
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by SamD View Post
    Got to site Friday about 3PM, set up then started pulling nails and tent stakes out of trees. Some were to large for the tools I had on hand. Bobby and crew arrived about 8-8:30PM and went on out tothe "Great Spot".

Sat. morning they came back to my camp for show and tell. Rain started to move in so things broke up about 1:30PM.

Motorcycles are such fun in the rain!
    Sounds like y'all had a good time sorry I had to miss it. If I would learn to check the forums on my computer and not my phone, I might notice I have PMs. I will have to catch something in the future.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tallyabt View Post
    My son and I are heading to Florida Caverns State Park with his cub scouts this weekend. When I made arrangements for the youth camping area, the park folks seemed excited that my son and I were planning on hanging. Nice to hear they are warming up to the whole idea. I hope to convert a few tent folks while we are at it.
    I grew up 10 minutes from Caverns SP, glad to hear that they are welcoming responsible hangers there. Now I have a place to stay other than at my relatives' who are still in the area.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    WBBB & DD XL Tarp whoopies with Dutch Gear and tree huggers.

These were also out to be checked out!

Hammock
    Warbonnet- BlackBird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet-SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ-HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    SamD: It was nice to meet ya, and thanks a bunch for speeding up the learning curve on splicing whoopie slings, and yea it was fun riding in the rain. I'll give ya a heads up when were heading somewhere again.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    still deciding
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tallyabt View Post
    Just to follow up on our Florida Caverns Trip, everything worked out great. When talking with the park staff at check in, they had a memo in hand stating that hammock camping in the youth camp areas was permitted as long as tree straps etc. were used. There was also a note to all staff to not bother anyone they saw with a hammock setup. (i thought that was interesting). Overall, I think it looks good as a panhandle destination. They are still wrapping their heads around the practice, but as more people give them feedback on how to properly setup, it will help them formulate rules down the road. I offered to show them my setup, but they were swamped that weekend, so they let us do our thing.

Hammock
    DIY Walmart Fabric
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Strap & Carabiner
    Watching a Shug video and craving some time in the " Piney Woods".

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Heading out Friday for an 8 day trip on the FL trail. A group of three or four are going from the local trail association chapter but I think I am the only hanger. (Time to preach the Gospel) We will be hiking the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge and the Aucilla wildlife management area. Gear is all packed, food prep is done and I am ready to go. It will be tough focusing on work this week.

--louis

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast