Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Adjustable Webbing vs Line/Strap Suspension...pics please

Can anyone please post some pics of either Line/Strap Suspensions and/or the Adjustable Webbing Suspensions?

I have seen the descriptions, but cannot find any pics of the differences. And as we know around here, a picture is worth a thousand words....

Thanks in advance.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Adjustable Webbing

Whoopie Sling

Sorry no line and strap pics. I would suggest whoopies over line/strap.

Happy Hangin

Jeremy

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Thanks. Unfortunately, our filter at work blocks photobucket, so I can't view it.

I am familiar with whoopies, having made half a dozen sets. I was looking at choosing which suspension package to order with a new WB Traveler. I may well modify it (I do plan on picking up some Dutch clips, for example), but I wanted to see exactly how the WB stock suspensions are set up.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I plan on modding my WBBB suspension in the future, but ordered the adjustable webbing for two reasons. One, it's easier for my partner to learn how to set up herself as a newbie to hammocks (and camping in general). And two, whenever I do mod to whoopies, I see it as a nice surplus of webbing to use elsewhere without having to take much apart. I'm all about thinking of repurposing things down the road. But that's just my .02

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Here is my Descender Rings and 1" Poly Webbing Suspension.

DSCN2435.jpg

DSCN2437.jpg

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Winter bag/DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/dutchware
    Images
    I currently use line and strap because I failed at DIY whoopies. I also worry about whoopies when trees are very close (as they were for me last weekend when I had only one possible hang). But I have more amsteel on order and plan to use a guitar string method for pulling my cord through the bury. I hope to put together a one-line suspension that incorporates whoopies, ascender rings and a adjustable structural ridgeline.

Images
    check out the video called "hammock suspension differences" it's like the 6th video down. http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/setup.php

shows the differences between adj webbing, line/strap and whoopies, there's 3 other videos showing how to install them on the different hammocks as well

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    The webbing suspension is a long piece of webbing with triangular buckles. You loop the webbing around the tree and clip it to itself, then adjust at the webbings.

The line/strap suspension has a shorter piece of webbing to use as a tree strap, with a metal ring sewn into one of the fixed loops on the end of the webbing, and amsteel line attached to the hammock. You tie the amsteel to the ring using a normal knot (Brandon suggests a slipped buntline hitch).

This video demonstrates both of them, and can be found in the "setup" section of the warbonnet website:

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Lightening a Traveler suspension

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    check out the video called "hammock suspension differences" it's like the 6th video down. http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/setup.php

shows the differences between adj webbing, line/strap and whoopies, there's 3 other videos showing how to install them on the different hammocks as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    The webbing suspension is a long piece of webbing with triangular buckles. You loop the webbing around the tree and clip it to itself, then adjust at the webbings.

The line/strap suspension has a shorter piece of webbing to use as a tree strap, with a metal ring sewn into one of the fixed loops on the end of the webbing, and amsteel line attached to the hammock. You tie the amsteel to the ring using a normal knot (Brandon suggests a slipped buntline hitch).

This video demonstrates both of them, and can be found in the "setup" section of the warbonnet website:

Thank you both. That is what I was looking for. I think it confused me a bit, as neither was what I was expecting. I think I will have to watch that a few more times before I make a decision.

What I am really shooting for is the lightest way to rig my soon to be ordered Traveler. I am willing to use whatever system comes with the Traveler and modify what I need. I have made plenty of whoopies, and I do like them fine, so it would be easy to modify a new Traveler with whoopies and toggles on a marlinspike, but I was looking to see of there were any other options I am missing.

Thanks for the ideas....

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Winter bag/DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/dutchware
    Images
    Ooo, I like that slipped buntline. I'm going to have to try that a few times and maybe add it to my list of favorite knots.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast