Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    On a good note...the whoopie slings I got from the guys at Arrowhead Equipment were GREAT!! The toggles were a bit short, but I have a bunch of long toggle pins I got from the hardware store. Nice, because of the split rings on them.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BLA View Post
    Hello!
    Do you have a ridge line on this hammock?
    The hammock looks pretty flat, and I'm wondering that of you had some more sag in the hammock body, that perhaps this wouldn't be an issue...
    However, if the user doesn't like sag, and prefers to lay like a banana as opposed to diagonally - you'll need to get a net that exceeds the average 100" ridge line from end to end.
    No, we did not (aside from the line to hang the net). I need to figure that out too...I WAS using the 20' Harbor Frieght tie down straps for suspension, which are super easy for hammocks, and allow you to hook in all sort of stuff....tarp up high, Tarp down low...it is awesome for $7. I still use it for my backyard. But in the interest of weight and lightening up my packs, I went back to whoopie slings. So I haven't set mine up with a tarp yet. I should probably go figure that out. I do keep a variety of things like bankline, MIL-C Paracord, and a lot of those Nite Ize Figure 9 biners that let me jury rig about anything I need to. I downloaded "The Ultimate Hang" to my kindle, but haven't gotten to it yet.

I only recently figured out whoopie slings. The first set I had I had them all wrong.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Someone on your end made a mistake in not opening and testing the gear before taking it to the field.
    I agree that this response fueled your fire a bit, but try to shake it off and focus on the positive responses in attempt to fix the situation. Let's keep this forum a peaceful safe haven for all. WWHFMD... what would hammock forum mods do?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet_Seeker View Post
    I agree that this response fueled your fire a bit, but try to shake it off and focus on the positive responses in attempt to fix the situation. Let's keep this forum a peaceful safe haven for all. WWHFMD... what would hammock forum mods do?
    He's already forgiven. I've been there myself. Nothing like being on a knife forum where there are only so many ways to talk about one thing, and then a FNG comes in and says something you've only heard 2000 times before. "Hey! Which Becker knife should I get first?" AAAAAAAARGH!!!

The typed word doesn't always translate well. My initial post was more shock, dismay, and disappointment, though I can see why some would read it as "Mother Eff this, and Mother eff that!"

He probably just misread the part where this occurred while doing exactly what he suggested.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Here's a thread on the Grand Trunk Nano 7 I initiated and earlier referred to, on changes in design or specification. Click on the upper right instruction to follow the thread. If you click on the link to the Grand Trunk web page for the hammock, however, you will see the current specs, not the ones I responded to.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...22&postcount=1
    Last edited by DemostiX; 08-31-2012 at 15:53.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    It appears that my contact form DID go through. I just got this: (Bolding mine)

Hey Chris,

Thanks for contacting us and hopefully we can explain some of the changes. Yes, the bugnet has been shortened in the length and minimal volume has been taken out of the bottom. While a kids version is not a bad idea, you have the current model for all our hammocks. Through customer and in house feedback, we found the original volume unnecessary and it helped shave a little weight. If your bugnet was missing any lines, we would be happy to mail you replacement cords, as this was obviously an oversight. Can you forward a shipping address?

The netting is designed to close somewhere along the black cord. It will most likely be where the cord and hammock meet. There are a ton of variables with this depending on the angle of your straps and how tight the setup is. If you do hang with a taught hammock, this could explain why the material is coming out of the end of the netting.

The new cord lock is actually a welcomed change in the industry and is a solid improvement over the spring version. This version will start to appear on the hammocks, tarps etc. as the new method of closure.

I regret to hear that you unhappy with the overall redesign changes. This was an inline change, so we no longer have the older style available. I do have some of the ball cord locks if you would like a set of these along with your ridgeline. I hope this information helps clear things up.

Best,

Adam Cohen
    Director of Vendor Relations, A/R

-------

So there you have it. They shortened it. I could agree with taking up the belly a bit, but shortening it was a mistake.

The "Missing lines" thing isn't an oversight...they WERE on a dedicated, sewn on patch at a specific part. You can't just "tie on" a set of cords.

I have to strongly disagree on the new cordlock being a "welcome change throughout the industry" and a "solid improvement" over the old cord locks. My old cord locks never budged....ever. These new ones are ridiculous. My friend, who isn't even a hammock ninja (but an engineer!) looked at them and couldn't believe his eyes. They just plain don't work. If it isn't broke...don't fix it!

As for the "ton of variables"....yes, I get that. But those ton of variables never, ever, once affected my OLD ENO bugnet.

-------

So now I know what I need to know about this particular item. It is what it is now, so I can no longer recommend it to anyone. I will start scouring online retailers immediately in an attempt to find ANYONE with old stock and snatch it up if I still can.

And now you guys are aware of the difference in case anyone wants one.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    If you decide to try and buy again, consider some of the products from BIAS. Very reasonable and good quality. I have one of their hammocks and their bug netting. Solid, good products and quite affordable.
    Gideon

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Tanner View Post
    Fair enough. I can accept that. It just made me sad, because it was such a good product, and it was the last thing I had to get to finish outfitting my friend (I thought "Yay! Finally He's all set!") . I'm glad to see there are similar ones out there I didn't know about. I might even scour craigslist for a sewing machine and try some of those others myself.
    Some vendors change things and call it "evolution." I know we do. 90 percent of the time, we *think* we get it right because folks seem to embrace it. But I am sure with a select few, we disappoint. And I am sure that some vendors think, "I could cut this and save that" because no one seemed to acknowledged their work on "this." That said, we do try to alpha and beta test all products through some known hammockers (some on this forum) to get solid feedback before launching a poorly-engineered problem. Some would say it works. Some, maybe not so much, I guess. But we always listen and make it right.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123