Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    C Tanner I think I can relate.

It's not that you are complaining about the product, it's the way you delivered it. I have been in a similar situation where I reccommended a particular thing only to discover the "new way" was not what I had been "selling". I was seriously disappointed. So was my friend.

I think the under lying tone of this thread is, "It's not that you are wrong to be unhappy, but maybe vent in a different fashion".

I'm not here to censor you in any fashion what-so-ever, just offering a opinion.

Hope your bug netting solution gets worked out and your friend continues hammocking.

Fair enough. I can accept that. It just made me sad, because it was such a good product, and it was the last thing I had to get to finish outfitting my friend (I thought "Yay! Finally He's all set!") . I'm glad to see there are similar ones out there I didn't know about. I might even scour craigslist for a sewing machine and try some of those others myself.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Tanner View Post
    I just noticed you are here in Columbus. Maybe I can pick your brain sometime?

I also remember DivaB. Thanks for both your replies!
    Sure, shoot me a PM if you want to discuss anything in more detail.

Also, there are Ohio Hangs regularly (one this weekend actually at Zaleski). Check the Trip Planning section for more details.

I strongly suggest coming out to one to see others' setups and talk gear.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    No problem, OP. You never find me ever calling a product awesome until it levitates itself, nor will you find me saying one sucks.

When the mass-market vendor of the Nano 7 hammock put up specs for that hammock I posted here that they didn't match what I had on hand, whether smaller or large, less or more dense. Whatever the true specs, the posted ones were not coherent and they did not match what I would expect based on what I had on hand if I depended on what I had on hand to decide to buy another or recommend it to someone else for purchase. And I contacted the maker, asking about the change, and reported I would post the answer when received. BTW, the maker's marketing director did follow up, just as I did.

A story I could recount about private sale of a Snipe hammock is similar.

--------

I might have expressed the frustration you did here when I was your age. An independently hung bug net will do that to someone. I've learned more about variability and quality control from experience during the years that mark off our likely age differences.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Not sure if I understand the intent of the post. If the purpose was just a rant and raving, then mission accomplished. However, rants and ravings do not provide any benefit to the community as a whole.

If the purpose is to inform others about noticed changes in a product then it could have been worded like this: "I recently purchased a ____ as I already own one which I am very happy with. While checking out the new arrival, it appears there have been some design changes such as, ____ and ___. For me these changes were a step backward due to ____ and ___. I am in the process of returning the product and registering my dissatisfaction with the changes. " This phrasing attempts to convey information to the community which adds value to the collective whole. Rants and ravings do not.

As is said on another forum I frequent, "It is not what you say, but how you say it."

I apologize in advance if my post appears condescending or is offensive in any way. To be clear, my intent is not to chastise but to welcome a new hammocker to the community here, and help integrate to the community norms of support, respect, and information sharing. Welcome and happy hanging!

-dT

edit: TFC Rick said what I was trying to say much better I think. I was writing as he posted.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    I checked my phone and found a pic. My Doublenest fits inside mine fine, and I think it is slightly longer than his Walmart hammock. You can see here how much it hangs out. We switched to my bugnet and mine was fine. You can see the lines that used to be at the ends to tie it off and prevent it from sliding either way are no longer there.

Here was mine...

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Not sure if it's the angle of the pic, is the hammock tight-ish? Maybe increasing the angle would have it back in the net a bit?

Hmmmmm. That is awkward.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    ENO/WB Traveler
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I checked my phone and found a pic. My Doublenest fits inside mine fine, and I think it is slightly longer than his Walmart hammock. You can see here how much it hangs out. We switched to my bugnet and mine was fine. You can see the lines that used to be at the ends to tie it off and prevent it from sliding either way are no longer there.

Here was mine...

Hello!
    Do you have a ridge line on this hammock?
    The hammock looks pretty flat, and I'm wondering that of you had some more sag in the hammock body, that perhaps this wouldn't be an issue...
    However, if the user doesn't like sag, and prefers to lay like a banana as opposed to diagonally - you'll need to get a net that exceeds the average 100" ridge line from end to end.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    My Doublenest fits inside mine fine, and I think it is slightly longer..
    Did you happen to contact ENO about it?

I ask, because I wonder if this might be a manufacturing issue that they aren't aware of. While that may sound unlikely, it seems that they source some of their products from a common manufacturing source as a handful of other brands. It might be that this was a factory defect, rather than a design change.

Probably worth asking.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    We had to play with the hang quite a bit because of where he INSISTED it went which was on the edge of a hill on two trees at an angle with the bases at different heights. It was a nightmare. I set mine up in 5 minutes after digging into my McGuyer pouch to get around that huge tree.

We also broke out the tape measure. I don't remember the measurements, but it WAS shorter than mine.

The other reason the hang looks tight is because the shortness of the net is pulling the hammock up when you aren't in it. It laid fine before we put the bugnet on.
    Last edited by C_Tanner; 08-31-2012 at 13:54.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Whatevers Handy
    Insulation
    Homemade stuff
    Suspension
    Tie Down Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Did you happen to contact ENO about it?

I ask, because I wonder if this might be a manufacturing issue that they aren't aware of. While that may sound unlikely, it seems that they source some of their products from a common manufacturing source as a handful of other brands. It might be that this was a factory defect, rather than a design change.

Probably worth asking.

I tried. Their contact form didn't work. Tried it on the laptop, Droid, and Tablet. Haven't gotten around to calling them.

When you put them side by side, it's pretty clear it was a design change. If it was JUST the length, I might think that was the case. I talked about it in a private Pathfinder forum on Facebook, and Dave Canterbury even said (he was the one that introduced me to it in the first place) that at one of the shows he was at, ENO said they were changing some stuff, but he didn't actually see what it was.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast