The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    Thanks. I think I'll do that.
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    TallPaul, I think that's a great idea too. Lilprincess, I'm in when you start the thread! Thanks all for the discussion. I guess it will be in the round table off topic area since it will have all kinds of different discussions in it???
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    As a dad with two hammock camping daughters, I can see the value in some gender specific conversations.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    TallPaul, I think that's a great idea too. Lilprincess, I'm in when you start the thread! Thanks all for the discussion. I guess it will be in the round table off topic area since it will have all kinds of different discussions in it???
    Yes, if it will focus on non-hammock specific topics as it appears it will, it belongs in the Off Topic Forums just as a dedicated sub-forum would.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    This may sound like a sarcastic response to the idea of a ladies' subforum, but it's not meant to be. I just like to extrapolate on what happens after a ladies subforum is created.

I'm not too keen on gender-specific sub-forums because gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, age, marital status, or disability are personal issues. Seems like a slippery slope: once the females get a subforum, then we'll have a transgender forum, but gays, lesbian and bisexuals will say, "Hey, why not make it an LGBT forum!"

Next thing ya know we'll have a Malaysian Divorced Catholic Men with Disabilities over 55 years old subforum! I sympathize with how hard it is to search for things related to your particular situation. I'm an old man, blind in one eye, have a rebuilt knee, and gee, wouldn't it be great if there was a subforum just for me?

I don't think so.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    HH ULEXP
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    NEST,NO SNIVELLER
    Suspension
    STRAPS AND RINGS
    I qualify for your sub forum so it wouldn't just you.
    fred

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    I don't know why people aren't keen on this. It's not like guys can't post questions or answers to it. It's not a place to keep anyone out. It's a place to post questions specific to woman, where anyone can post an answer. It makes it easier to see questions and answers specific to women. Like others have said. They can see issues that may concern their wives, girlfriends, or daughters.

It's simply an organizational tool. It looks like it's going to be a thread, not a subforum. Threads get posted all the time. It will die out if there's no interest. Or it might be as popular as that famous hot water bottle thread! Time will tell!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I don't know why people aren't keen on this. It's not like guys can't post questions or answers to it. It's not a place to keep anyone out. It's a place to post questions specific to woman, where anyone can post an answer. It makes it easier to see questions and answers specific to women. Like others have said. They can see issues that may concern their wives, girlfriends, or daughters.

It's simply an organizational tool. It looks like it's going to be a thread, not a subforum. Threads get posted all the time. It will die out if there's no interest. Or it might be as popular as that famous hot water bottle thread! Time will tell!
    HC,

No matter what it's going to be impossible to please everyone and there will always be those whom have to make it difficult for others because they have a voice and opinion and must express it no matter what!

I personally fully endorse this as not only my wife goes out, but also my two girls. I think this would be not only beneficial to all ladies of all ages but also may help us fathers and husbands to better understand your specific needs while out. And if possible guide us to a better and happier time with "all".....

I think though for the time being TallPauls idea of starting a thread to see where it goes may be the best way to get things started and show proof that it does truly belong (which I think it does). Would it be a possibility to make it a sticky if there proves to be enough participation, then a sub forum should it go that way??? A stepping stone type of thing?

Just my humble meaningless thoughts, also if it doesn't agree with others...well...so be it, not many agree with me anyways! Although I do think that most should make the best choice and if the thread didn't agree with you in the first place why read the comments or why open it and then decide it best to comment? I see this happen so much nowadays that it's become ridiculous. Which us part of the reason why I don't post much anymore unless friends are involved, or I feel that urge to try to help again....

Ok rant over, time to take my meds and veg out as the pain is back!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Why do we have any sub forums then? People like poo pooing the ideas of others, I guess.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    I also vote for no exclusion by gender. I'm a little surprised in this day and age that we're even discussing it. It's especially surprising considering how hard women fought against that very thing when men excluded them.

We're going to go over _here_ and discuss stuff. You men|women aren't invited. Really?

Girls and boys are not allowed to do that in school any more because it's exclusionary. Why would we want to exclude anyone or make them feel unwelcome?

How about we all share knowledge, together, and include everybody like we do now? Men benefit from a woman's perspective and vice versa.
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast