Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium_hiker View Post
    cajones is boxes. I think the word you're looking for is cojones.

ooh- and hammock related... sounds like sewing netting is complicated, any pointers? Personally, I would hem the net, putting the edge in a strip of fabric (kind of like the grosgrain ribbon on a maccat tarp) and then fiddle with the zipper.

TH
    I'll let HE answer for sure, but I think he just used rolled hems for most of his bug bivy. As far as I understood, the only places he added grosgrain were some of the stress points around the zipper area.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Images
    On my bivy I just put GGR to reinforce stress points on the zipper so they wouldn't open to far. I put one seam in the edges, rolled the fabric aroung that seam. Then added another seam. It looks like to it hold up.

I was thinking about how I would do that. I might try this at some point so to do it. I think it would not be too hard.

I would pin the zipper in place all the way around, open the zipper, cut the netting where the zipper opens, and then sew the netting into the netting. I think that as long as you are gentle with your gear, it would hold. You could row the edges of the netting to give it a little strength. It would just shorten the netting a little. Mine is loose to start with. Check this though.

Or you could completly cut it off, sew the zipper onto the hammock, measure, then sew the netting accordingly. If needed you could make a second netting out of noseeum for pretty cheap.

BTW, if the DIY HH thing happens post directions. That is on my just because DIY list.

Cut the $100 dollar piece of gear. It's fun.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    ...That is on my just because DIY list....
    Haha...how many DIY lists do you have? A just because list, an extended list....
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    working on my tarp right now but a zipper I have so it will be nexted got a number7 sleeping bag zipper with closed teeth pic to come
    Bear bait what??? Your It!!!!!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Haha...how many DIY lists do you have? A just because list, an extended list....
    Right now 3. A before my hike list, an extended post hike list, and a just because it would be cool list.

My grandma just picked up a new 1950s-ish Singer for me. I would hate to see it go to waste.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12