DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings

Short Coast Range Camp, Lots photos

Heard a Blue Full Moon, This week-end. I Loaded the Xterra, with Camping Gear My Hanging Device :-). Headed for the Oregon Coast Range. Plus Excuse, to test out various insulation padding inside the Hammock.

Moon was nice. Went for a walk About at midnight, hearing the Yotes Howling, few Elk letting out a Yelp.

Arrived on location, spotted few week's ago, that overlooks entire area & Coast. Plus, no tree's to watch the moon. Set up the Stand, With the Xterra as the Second Tree attachment point. Roof Rack attachment points, I had made sure to Max the Load spread.
    First night.

Mistake, I had opening towards the evening winds.. Brrrrrrrrrrrr... Forgot my Hoodie. brrrrrr.. Even with UQ, I now know the CBS.. dead asleep, the Quilt shifts. Brrrrr.. one wakes up fast, to readjust for that warmth again.

Second night, Moved To new location with Winds in mind. One end tied to roof rack, other end to the Tri-pod stand. Anchored with 1/2" Conduit cut to 15" inch stakes.. Pummeled into the hard packed Ground. Tied the stand down with 550 cord, and Ratchet strap to Log for added anchor.

I Did notice, No matter the height of the tarp. I had condensation on both sides. Sure did find out about the Wet Roof, getting out to Water the Bushes. Dunno, But I think Hammock made Me Water bushes more then Laying on ground or Tent. Best part, was easy to crawl back in. The humidity increased at night. I did not notice the Hammock itself being moist.

I tried the reflextex(sp) stuff for a padding. Okay, for Warmer temps But when it was 40. I got cold, Tried the Therma rest padding, That was Fun trying to keep it Inside the Hammock. Each time I moved, one end went out. The Hammock, is a Single Nest Pro.. Might be to Narrow???.

Insulation on the inside was the hardest part. Next option, either narrow insulation on inside. Or just keep the single layer for Summer use Only. And get a two layer wider hammock for 4 season Camping...

Hope yea like the photo's.. first time Posting up my First hang, with Home built UQ, and Stand.

Images
    Nicely done. Enjoyed your trip report thanks.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Great trip report, love, love, love the pictures. I can see right off what would be (from my view) air leaks in your UQ. If you make channel on the ends, run some shock cord through it, and gather it that way...you may alleviate some of the leaks. There may already be a channel on the ends that you could melt a hole in and use to run your shock cord through. If that doesn't work, you may have to, fold over the foot end a bit, making a draft tube of sorts (very common for the foot end to spring leaks). I hope some of that made since and I hope I've helped. Good job on your hang and keep up the good work. You take excellent pictures, keep them coming

Images
    Like Divab was saying, if you opened up the quilt to wrap more around you it should help some...

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    How did you take such nice pics of the moon? Lens? camera? Settings? Great report.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Zpacks 8x11
    Insulation
    E.E. RevelationX
    Great report. Thanks for taking us with you.

Hammock
    DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Thx for the feed back.. Camera is just a point and fire cam. The moon photo, was just lucky to be in focus. Shot it through spotting scope, worked great 1 out of 12 shots. lol

UQ, was looking at those, but once inside It flattens out. Least Feels like it, would be great to find a FLIR cam, and see where heat escapes from or trapped.

Trying to make this a 4 season Hammock system. Tough to do with oregons weather..

Fun to hang.. and see what works.

• + New Posts