New to this. need advice on hammock

Hey everyone,
    im new here and a bit overwhelmed by ALL the really good information that is avaliable. I am looking at getting a hammock to set up in the backyard to relax and/or at the park. The distance between my trees in the back yard is 25 feet.

I have had the eno double nest before and I didnt find it very comfortable. I may have been hanging up in a manner that was not the most conducive for optimum lay.

I have seen the GT ultra light for $20 to the kammock for $100. Im simply looking for the most cost effective hammock that works for what I need it for.

As this would be my entry hammock I don't think I'm in need of a tarp or netting system right off the back. Baby steps.

Let me know where you think where would be a good place to start. I appreciate all of help in advance. Can't wait to start hanging.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I think your hang distance is a bit much.... unless you're putting your straps up real high. Anyways, if you're just planning to hang in the backyard and not really sleep in it overnight, then I would just stick with something inexpensive like the GT. BTW welcome to the forum
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome from central VA!

Yes, there is a lot of information and many options for choosing a hammock. Everyone seems to have thier favorite, so I guess look around at what other people are saying about thiers and pick one based on features you find appealing.

I would say 25' is too far to set up efficiently. There are options on how to deal with this as well. In my yard there are no two trees within 50' of each other, except for two that are 6' apart. After some experimentation, I ended up installing a pole, one end set 6" in the ground and the other lashed to a fork in a branch cing out of the tree I wanted to hang from. Solid, but nothing permanent. You can check out my photo album if you want to see how that works.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Check out the Bias Hammocks,,their 11' hammocks are very comfy and priced pretty good..you can get a full setup from them as well.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL "Tadpole"
    Suspension
    diy whoopie sling
    Images
    or you could go the diy route. get yourself a crinkle taffeta tablecloth (aka hammock blank) from tableclothsfactory.com. throw on some simple suspension and your good to go! here's the link: http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/ta...Sashes-s/1.htm

• + New Posts