Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Okay i've order the tablecloth, 50ft of amsteel 7/64, and some ripstop nylon. Plan to use the ripstop nylon as the under layer, and the tablecloth as the top layer. Was going to do 2 tableclothes (I know one is probably enough but its my first time...hehe).

Also waiting to hear back from HennsyHammocks about swapping the standard rain fly for the hex rain fly. Hoping its possible. Will look into the Webbing for the bunched end do hickey and some suspenions gizmo's.

Hoping to order the HH Explorer deluxe shortly. This way i will have 2 to try.
    -Narloc

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    Okay i've order the tablecloth, 50ft of amsteel 7/64, and some ripstop nylon. Plan to use the ripstop nylon as the under layer, and the tablecloth as the top layer. Was going to do 2 tableclothes (I know one is probably enough but its my first time...hehe).

Also waiting to hear back from HennsyHammocks about swapping the standard rain fly for the hex rain fly. Hoping its possible. Will look into the Webbing for the bunched end do hickey and some suspenions gizmo's.

-Narloc
    You can, if you look on the website it allows you to custom build a kit. You pick hammock and tarp and any extras. No need to call and ask..its there just look around. I recommend getting the side entry style. You may not like the bottom entry if you plan to use UQs.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post

-Narloc
    What's the ripstop for? If its for strength, you don't need it. What I would do is make a second hammock out of the ripstop you bought and get a exped for a third. Then you'll have three to try.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    +1 on the side entry, bottom entry is a pain!
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    One consideration most people don't think about is stretch. If you have a hammock, like the WBBB, which only has one side to get in or sit on like a chair, that side will eventually stretch out a little and become uncomfortable. If you have a hammock with entries on both sides, you can even out that stretch by sitting on the other side.

As to what I'd recommend for you, I'd start out with the ENO doublenest, get the Warbonnet bug net (it's half the weight for nearly the same price) and change the suspension to a whoopie sling or, my favorite, ring buckle system. You won't spend quite so much money and you'll have a much better idea of what to replace it with if you should decide you want something better. If you really want something you can share, then the Clark Flex180 makes sense, but it's an awful load to carry when your not hiking with your kid. Both of these choices will require some sort of under quilt, which gets a bit expensive and I'm not quite sure how it would work with a Clark Flex180. A sleeping pad will work, but they can be a bit uncomfortable, especially if you're trying to share the hammock with a kid.

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &amp;Sling
    okay the tablecloth arrived today.....now if the rest would just show up!!!! I'm getting excited to go hang.

Hammock
    Byer Mosquito
    Tarp
    ZPacks Camo Cuben
    Suspension
    Fixed Loop/BIAS HA
    Hi,
    Sorry... I know this is an old post now, but I'm curious. Did you make your table cloth hammock? I'm guessing it would be a DL?
    Thanks.

If you're going for the ENO package, pay the extra $5 for the Atlas straps. Absolutely no stretch and the long chain of loops make adjusting super easy. Also, unless you're deadset on the Kelty Noah's tarp, you could just get a DN OneLink from ENO's website [WITH 20% Holiday discount!] and then all you'd need to worry about is your insulation.

EDIT: Maybe next time I'll check the dates on a post before I reply to it...
    Last edited by Sonata#13; 12-22-2012 at 10:59. Reason: Necro'd

Hammock
    DH 11' Freebird
    Tarp
    Kelty 9x9
    Insulation
    DIY Poncho/GoLite
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonata#13 View Post
    EDIT: Maybe next time I'll check the dates on a post before I reply to it...

~Adventure Before Dementia~

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &amp;Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by JnL View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry... I know this is an old post now, but I'm curious. Did you make your table cloth hammock? I'm guessing it would be a DL?
    Thanks.
    Wow I forgot all about this post.

Yes I made a tb hammock with some great threads here on the DIY section. I ordered 4 more table clothes as well to make more. The first two I made were SL and they are a lot stronger then I would have imagined. I am going to make DL cones this time around as I want a section I will have the option to slide in a pad if needed. A CCF pad on a single layer tends to move a great deal.

However I also plan to get a few UQ's to try.

I've also purchased the DD hammock combo as it was such a hard deal to beat.

Still so many on my list I want to try. WBBB, dream hammock, nite owl, bias.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234