DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamper Kurt View Post
    I would like to try out one of those bracelets that measure your sleep. Been thinking about getting one. Can't believe no one else has one to report on.
    You mean like this? https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1458159

Hammock
    Big Man Bridge by V_Allen
    Tarp
    DIY by Boston
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    you could always get a fitbit or microsoft band to monitor your sleep while in a bed and then in your hammock. it will show you how much RIM sleep as to how much lite sleep you get. In a bed i only get 30 mins (if im lucky) of RIM sleep. I havent tried it in my hammock yet as i live in Florida and well its freaking hot.

I used the FitBit one time. It said I was awake for about 20 minuets one night. Wrong. I only got about 1.5 hours sleep due to sick kids and restless dogs. I lost faith in it quickly.

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    definitely get better sleep in a hammock. most of us wake up in THE EXACT SAME POSITION we fell asleep in, we nearly never remember the actual 'falling asleep' part, and the 'groaning and creaking' out of bed is minimized. i have a bad back and since i have become a convert i have a hard time sitting in a chair or on a couch for very long and laying flatish like on the couch causes discomfort. if i sit in my hammock sideways i can pull my feet up underneath me like im sitting 'indian style' and POOF im back in the womb. i converted my little brother's room into 'our' room by removing his bed and mounting two pairs of truck bed anchors and two each 2 3/4" lag bolts ($10 total at the half-an-orange-dress place) into the studs at about 40" off the ground and we can both watch netflix, he can play video games (and i can DIY stuff behind him in all the space thats saved by stuffing my hammock away), it can be used as an workout/yoga space, you name it. our entire family always condescends ME for giving my lil brother a better way to sleep ACCORDING TO HIM. and then they lay in it. we've had people knock out in our "beds" in the time it takes to answer the door and send the ups guy away. the only time i've ever accidentally naptime'd was on a $2700 tempurpedic, luxurious, i-couldn't-move-it-if-i-tryed mattress that would never let me vacuum under it or flip it EVER. and that was at a rich guys house and even he said he paid too much for it. my hammock and the anchors cost me less than $40, and when i go to sleep i can pretend im in the woods and i dream like it. i'll not sleep in a hotel again ever as long as i can find anchors to span, and i'm a backyard engineer so i see'em EVERYWHERE lol!

EDIT: our 1 year old niece LOVES to come play with us in our hammocks, since we strung'em low enough for her to get in (with a little help) she even falls asleep in them sometimes. tell me there's a parent alive that doesn't want their baby to sleep better, i dare you.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Hammock
    Butt in a sling camper XL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    EE Down Top Quilt
    Suspension
    Humming Bird
    In browsing this forum I found this post https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Hammock-vs-Bed

It appears that there's some evidence that some people do in fact sleep better in a hammock. I thought it was interesting.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I can scroll through my sleep tracker and tell immediately when I'm in my hammock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    My hammock sleep is pretty dark. Dreamless.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ
    I only sleep in a hammock while camping. I seem to have a more difficult time falling asleep in a hammock as I usually fall asleep on my side at home and that really doesn't work in a hammock.

That being said, I do think my sleep is heavier in the hammock once I do fall asleep. I always feel very fresh in the morning. More so than at home.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by tundracamper View Post
    I only sleep in a hammock while camping. I seem to have a more difficult time falling asleep in a hammock as I usually fall asleep on my side at home and that really doesn't work in a hammock.

That being said, I do think my sleep is heavier in the hammock once I do fall asleep. I always feel very fresh in the morning. More so than at home.
    I always have group sleeping the first night camping. Tent or hammock. But I do wake up more refreshed and not achy like I do tent camping.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    I've had the same experience since going fulltime.At 61 years young can't really remember. Could it be the primal memory of the womb?
    I'm beginning to believe that's the case! When I switched to a hammock, I noticed my sleep was better, fell asleep faster and I noted it was like being swaddled (it was winter, the heat in place was bad, and I slept in a mummy bag...) Yesterday, while getting ready for a road-trip, I rigged a cheap little tarp I had in my car over my ENO frame with bungees, just to see if it would provide cover in a light rain. (Not really, will need to get a bigger tarp for that...) Left it up so slept under it last night and I was warm, cozy, and because the sun didn't get in and wake me up early, I slept the best I have in a long time. Didn't wake up at all, didn't shift. It was very womb-like.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast