Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    My husband is about 225 and he has the Safari and loves it. I think it will hold your weight, but only you can check it to know for sure. The material is very heavy duty. My husband slept in the Safari and the TTG Switchback this past weekend, and he preferred the Safari for its size and comfort. He said he likes the big size of the Safari and it is much more comfortable. After sleeping in the SB until about 0230 hrs. he couldn't get comfortable and then went and slept in the truck, because I took down the Safari.
    However, it is HYOH, and this is just my $.02.
    "No whining in the woods"

Images
    FWIW, my no net HH Safari is the most comfortable non-bridge hammock I have tried. It weighs more than most, but really not much more - if at all - than a double layer 1.7 WBBB or deluxe JRB BMBH. But both of those are double layer if you think you would ever use a pad, and have zippered nets which mine does not. Some other drawbacks are that the Safari does not work with my HHSS. And I think it is too big for my PeaPod, though someone here had used that combo with success. But it works just fine with the JRB MW UQs and the WB Yeti, though you may have to rig up some sort of suspension extender, easy to do.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    My husband and I used our peapods with the no net Safaris and it worked fine, but I don't think someone of your size would beable to make it work. The HG Incubator works well with it also. Good luck to you, on whatever you decide to get.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    i talked to hennessy and after beating around the sueing thought she said that in many different words "again legal reasons" that the weight limmits on the 210d fabric hammocks are set by the suspension. she also told me that putting whoopies and dutch pieces on a new hammock will void the waranty "who figure replacing crap suspension with better/stronger would void a warranty" also i think i have decided to go with the explorer delux which has the same weight fabric just different size and after putting my suspension on it be plenty strong. im going with the explorer because i want to use the HHSS and cant do that with a safari. but im still up in the air about it all and wish that i could see or lay in a explorer delux before i pull the trigger.
    but thanks to everyone for the advice
    BT
    BT
    "Hang safe and enjoy the outdoors"

http://tqnt.webs.com/
    Turtle Quilts N Tarps
    your home for custom made products

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    TLG Dbls (Trek Light Gear Doubles) are rated to 400lbs. Sides are higher than GT SB-Pro so slightly more difficult to get out of. My 6'2" 280lbs plus my 60lb dog enjoy hangin together in either. We bounce around a bit gettin settled in for the night.
    (insert pithy quote here)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12