Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Thanks, Acer, very helpful video. This has always seemed to me ( by way of HHSSs I am so used to ) the better approach for wind protection, especially for the bridge, than trying to get doors closed around spreader bars. Of course it is 6 extra oz but you might be able to back off several oz on tarp wt.

I am used to the sil-nylon HHSS approach ( wind/water proof) used in conjunction with vapor barriers to avoid condensation.

Is this UQP new for you or did you use it last winter? If you have used it a lot, I am wondering how wind proof and water resistant it is and how breathable it is? Much problem with condensation? I know it is not waterproof, but do you think it would resist much wind blown rain and fog? I suppose, if it is all right with you and is not hijacking, 2QZq or other users can respond to that also.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Thanks, Acer, very helpful video. This has always seemed to me ( by way of HHSSs I am so used to ) the better approach for wind protection, especially for the bridge, than trying to get doors closed around spreader bars. Of course it is 6 extra oz but you might be able to back off several oz on tarp wt.

I am used to the sil-nylon HHSS approach ( wind/water proof) used in conjunction with vapor barriers to avoid condensation.

Is this UQP new for you or did you use it last winter? If you have used it a lot, I am wondering how wind proof and water resistant it is and how breathable it is? Much problem with condensation? I know it is not waterproof, but do you think it would resist much wind blown rain and fog? I suppose, if it is all right with you and is not hijacking, 2QZq or other users can respond to that also.
    This is brand spanking new from 2Q&ZQ as they have been developing a UQP for a bridge hammock, and myself and fallkniven and couple of other members have been testing/trying it for size etc,,and its pretty much a perfect fit now so 2Q&ZQ can begin serious production on it. Haven't had a chance to test it but this weekend will post a video of alot of mods and added pieces of gear to my BMBH UL as soon as I get time. And this was the final piece to a winter set up I have been working on for my Bridge Hammock..and will fit in the puzzle perfect for me. Can't wait to try it all out..will keep you posted for sure. What I showed in the video was the breathable version,,and just laying in the hammock one evening in 65 degree weather,,with the 50 degree Jarbridge on, I bailed about 10 minutes very hot..so very workable for a breathable, water resistant setup and quite a few degrees of wamth, going to add a top cover (or seep style if you want to call it that) of momentum 90 mr to it for a total 2 piece enclosure, of course downsized the hammock boddy to grand total of 15.5 oz doing the Professor Hammock complete mod to my bridge also.
    Last edited by Acer; 09-11-2012 at 19:51.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Images
    Oh yeah, just occurred to me: you have that on the BMBH UL. I have the UL and original size, which is 4" deeper, and I think ( need to measure) just a bit longer. The MW UQs are 77" long and 42" wide and ~ 3- 4" thick, wonder if this UQP will have enough room to cover all of that loosely? It looks like it will.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Oh yeah, just occurred to me: you have that on the BMBH UL. I have the UL and original size, which is 4" deeper, and I think ( need to measure) just a bit longer. The MW UQs are 77" long and 42" wide and ~ 3- 4" thick, wonder if this UQP will have enough room to cover all of that loosely? It looks like it will.
    Plenty of room,,they designed it for both,,I would almost think it will fit the RR by Warbonnet as it has the adjustments for it on the foot end and length even. Love to see if someone would try it on a RR.

Images
    Oh yeah, plenty of room. I've got mine on my original bmbh and a 20* full length uq, and there's still room to spare. A 0* or a mw4 should fit just fine.

Images
    Thx!.............

will a neat sheet work like a UQP

see this thread

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ght=Neat+sheet
    Last edited by Ewker; 09-12-2012 at 09:25.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Great job, thank you.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    will a neat sheet work like a UQP

see this thread

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ght=Neat+sheet
    Sorry Ewker....I forgot to ask TIm about that. I will ask him tonight. One of us will try to post an answer tonight.

Anyone with an answer...jump in!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    In reading the thread on a neat sheet that was provided, there are a couple of things that I would be hesitant on using a "neat sheet".

1. the finished weight.
    2. Do you plan on total coverage like a UQP? The coverage is total,,up to the edges of the hammock all the way around a bridge for blocking wind and containing heat even tho the material of my UQP is breathable. As well as the spray from blowing rain. Total coverage on the bridge, and I would think on a gathered end hammock as well. The neat sheet would only cover so much and give off heat loss to some extent I am thinking. However, maybe somebody with a "neat sheet" can chime in and help us out here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast