Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Video of Bridge UQP by 2Q & ZQ

Just got home from work and made this quickie video for tonite. It took me about 10 minutes to rig my Dutch Quilt Clips to the 4 corners with very small nylon chord that I threaded thru the loops of amsteel in place of the steel rings I cut off bridge hammock when I did Professor Hammocks modification of a JacksRBetter BMBH UL bridge hammock. I wanted to show this new UQP that is the breathable version that 2Q & ZQ have been working on. They have made 2 sets of small nylon sewed on loops for you to attach your UQP to a bridge hammock. This UQP has small shock chord down each side as well as on each end. I added at each end, where the shock chord is, 4 small chord locks to pull the end material as tight as I wanted. The only attachments to the hammock are on each corner using the 4 Dutch Quilt Clips that are nylon and 90 cents each. Total weight of the UQP is 6.4 oz. This is a quick video so forgive my mistakes here and there in it with some captions making up for the mistakes. Later this week, I will make a complete video of my entire winter setup for my bridge hammock. 2Q & ZQ has made a very perfect piece of protection once again and I see no needs for modifications anywhere at all, on it. To me, its perfect and only takes a couple of minutes, if that, to clip it to the hammock and pull the shock chord here and there, as tight as you want it. Notice in the video, even the ends of the hammock are protected from wind and blowing rain, and should give the hanger, a few more degrees of warmth. Will test hanging this winter and keep everybody abreast of the progess of warmth as well. Thanks to 2Q & ZQ for another very fine UQP. Any size or thick quilt will fit inside the UQP also. Enjoy! I know I will!

2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    ZQ here. Thanks Acer. Should I put cord locks on the larger shock cord for the bridge UQP? I could get the larger ones that fit the 1/16th shock cord I use on the ends. Also, looks like I might not need to use all that cord on the ends since it will get cut off, or just keep the length incase it is needed??

Edit....I think I will answer my own question! I am going to get some cord locks for the 1/16th shock cord and use them for the bridge UQP's. But...You can still tell me your thoughts on the cord locks!!
    Last edited by 2Questions; 09-10-2012 at 18:33.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Images
    Thanks Acer nice demo vid. 2QZQ nice job on the UQP for a bridge I like it.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    ZQ here. Thanks Acer. Should I put cord locks on the larger shock cord for the bridge UQP? I could get the larger ones that fit the 1/16th shock cord I use on the ends. Also, looks like I might not need to use all that cord on the ends since it will get cut off, or just keep the length incase it is needed??

Edit....I think I will answer my own question! I am going to get some cord locks for the 1/16th shock cord and use them for the bridge UQP's. But...You can still tell me your thoughts on the cord locks!!
    I am not sure how each user will close his ends, I cut off, about 28-29 inches and added the 4 smallest chord locks I had in my stash of hardware as they don't need to be very big at all. But they work perfect. Yes, I would go ahead and add the 4 chord locks as users might not have any. Orginally was going to tie the excess shock chord to spreader bar and did, and then realized that the tighter I pulled the ends it didn't need any tieing and holds itself totally level even with top edge of hammock across the end. You might leave a bit on for those that want to rig the end their way. If you notice on the video,,as discussed with 2Q on the phone,,I used the 4 loops that are 84 inches apart to attach to corners and the shock chord in in the middle with chord lock is perfect in my opinion for either loosing the sides or tightening as tight as a user would want. This UQP is going to work perfect with my Top Sock/SEEP cover,,,absolutely perfect and will make a video of all my mods next few days when I get time again, showing the versatilitly of my setup for summer, 3 season or winter even. And the versatility of the hammock with/without a bug net as well. But,,When we hear from fallkniven and see what he thinks, I think with putting the 2 views together you have a absolute winner. I really like it and the fit and had the 50 degree Jarbridge on as didn't have time to dig the 20 degree UQ out and will on next video,,but its roomy enough for any quilt and like the ability to tighten it up here or there without it dragging the ground what so ever!!

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    So you think I should put a cord lock on each piece of shock cord. I was thinking one on both cords on each end, for a total of 2. But if you think 4 would be best...that is what I can do...the ones I use on the sides, probably would fit on just one end cord.

BTW...it was me you talked to on the phone...2Q has left this one to me! He has been busy refinishing our daughter's hard wood floors....sanding off the old urethane, fine sanding...and now they are staining. Next the urethane...then she moves in and we are officially "emply nesters"! ZQ
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I fiddled with tieing the 2 pieces of shock chord on the end,,together,,but,,stumbled into putting a chord lock on each end of each shock chord and pulling the fabric together in the center. It tightens the end tight enough to not need anything else bringing the end fabric even with the top of the hammock where the bugnet would be zippered. Perfect in my opinion and simple. If you leave enough shock chord on,,then the user can vent the ends if he wants by using the chord locks or he can tighten to his liking.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Here are some close up shots of the end and the 2 chord locks. the last pic is with 12" of excess chord lock loose,,,but for me,,I don't intend to vent if any. There is not much play in the end on last pic. If you look really close at the pics,,you can barely see the black of the hammock bleeding thru the brown. on pic 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Acer you have become quite a resource of info here, thanks!
    Just the looks of ZQ/TQ's work makes me want to add a bridge hammock
    just so I can get that awesome looking UDP.

Images
    Hello there. I see you got yours today too! I took some pictures when I got home from work before the sun disapeared on me. Thanks 2QZQ, It fits great. Again, pictures are of BMB deluxe w/ a 20* UQ. All I did to it was add Dutch clips to the loops you sewed on, and some cord locks on the ends...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Here are some close up shots of the end and the 2 chord locks. the last pic is with 12" of excess chord lock loose,,,but for me,,I don't intend to vent if any. There is not much play in the end on last pic. If you look really close at the pics,,you can barely see the black of the hammock bleeding thru the brown. on pic 4.
    OK...now I'm seeing it!! Thanks for the visual! I will be putting little cord locks on each shock cord end like you did. Thanks! ZQ
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast