Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    I will be able to hike Southbound with ya up to the route 31 crossing of the LHT. I have a family commitment, so that is where I will need to say farewell. I will have no need for a food drop.
    I can park my vehicle at the route 31 parking area early morning of august 4th.
    I only need to figure out how to get a ride NOBO to start the hike at the route 56 trailhead from the route 31 crossing.
    I may be able to talk my son into following me from Osceola Mills to give me a lift, or I have a friend in the Altoona are that may be able to do it.
    Yoda:
    Will you and your ride happen to be passing by route 31 by chance that morning of the 4th? ( willing to fork over some cash to your driver for the lift)
    Any idea Yoda as to what time we will start the hike on August 4th at the route 56 trail head?
    Sounds great....company is always nice.

My ride will be in a pick-up, with just the front seat (no back seats) AFAIK.

As far as time goes I have no idea, I plan to be at my pick-up spot early, and get on the road from there. It's a couple hours drive for me, and I hope to be on the road by 6, but my children may have something to say about that ...I have not firmed up a meet-up time yet, but when I do I can try and do the math and figure out the time frame I will be dropped off at 56 and let you know, if that will work for you?
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That's fine.
    I Will work on that ride from route 31 to route 56.
    When its all said and done,ill probably end up at route 56 trail head around 930-10am on the 4th. look for the guy in the kilt !!!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

That's fine.
    I Will work on that ride from route 31 to route 56.
    When its all said and done,ill probably end up at route 56 trail head around 930-10am on the 4th. look for the guy in the kilt !!!!
    Awesome, yea I'm not too sure what the time is from OhioPyle to 56, but I would venture to say over an hour or close too. Thankfully the mileage is low on that day, so no need too rush.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Reservations just made...here is the list-

8/4- Decker tent site 1 H
    8/5- 271 tent site 1 G
    8/6- 30 tent site 1 F
    8/7- 31 tent site 1 D
    8/8- 653 tent site 1 B
    8/9- Ohio tent site 1 A

The hike will start on 8/4 at 56 trailhead, hike too Decker, then continue on each day (night) listed above (see mileages in previous posts) stay at Ohio on 8/9 wake up on 8/10 and hike out ending the thru hike of the LHHT.

Anyone that is going to do this hike with me must make their own reservations online (here- http://www.pa.reserveworld.com/Selec...spx?PK_ID=6219 )

As has been said before any are welcome to join, understand this is going to be a strenuous hike due too the weather conditions (severe heat) that is projected (which I hope changes). Please make sure you are capable of handling/dealing with this type of environment, I would hate for someone to get hurt, sick or injured as they did not condition themselves properly or plan properly for this hike!

Re: Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail 2013 Trip

Finished getting my pack situated, weight is 14-15#'s loaded (food, water, fuel and all). The range is due too I still need to add my camera and the extra battery, that coupled with a few little odds and ends but I will still be at or below 15.....food is 3.5 days worth and 2 liters of water.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Nice weight! Esp. with that water weight! Now to wait for weather / heat reports. I'm betting for cool temps during day and temped nights. Rain only when you need water.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Nice weight! Esp. with that water weight! Now to wait for weather / heat reports. I'm betting for cool temps during day and temped nights. Rain only when you need water.
    Thanks

Sounds GREAT, keep that happy thought....

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Nice pack weight .
    Ill be at around 23 as usual with food and water for about 4 days.
    But Ill just tie helium balloons to my pack to reduce weight.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Re: Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail 2013 Trip

Nice pack weight .
    Ill be at around 23 as usual with food and water for about 4 days.
    But Ill just tie helium balloons to my pack to reduce weight.
    Nice, are you gonna be using your zimmer pack? Helium works great...also let's you talk funny too!

Just checked the weather report, man o man is it looking good.......low to mid 70's during the day and mid to high 50's at night....SWEET!!!!

Although I looks like there will be some thunderstorms towards the end of the hike, which looks like it will drive up the humidity (80% +) around that time. But I can deal with that....here's hopin it doesn't change.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast