Hi all,

I'm pretty new to hammocking, and currently have only an Equip Travel Hammock from Walmart with some suspension modifications.

I'm looking to upgrade a bit, and am currently stuck in a decision-making rut and am looking for outside opinions.

First let me tell you what I'm looking for:

400LB Rating (I weigh about 300, want some wiggle room)
Integrated bug-net

I probably will not be using it as often as many of you guys do, owing to my work schedule and other responsibilities. Expect it to be used for overnight use between 5-10 nights per year. So it needn't be designed for constant deployment.

I will be upgrading the suspension to 1/8" amsteel whoopie slings, so the stock suspension shouldn't come into play.

Also, cost is a factor. My "hobby" budget is severely limited, and while I will pay more for quality when it is warranted, there are limits to how far that can go.

All that said, I'm currently trying to decide between two hammocks:

The Warbonnet Blackbird 1.9 Double-Layer and the Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro.

Both have the 400lb rating, and the integrated bug-net. I am aware that these two hammocks are not an apple-to-apple comparison, as the WBBB has the added footbox, gear shelf, etc.. At the same time, the Skeeter Beeter Pro can be had for nearly 1/3 of the price of the WBBB.

Does the addition of these features, and presumably better material/build quality on the WBBB justify paying three times the cost of the SBP under my limited usage scenario as outlined above?

I welcome anyone's opinion, especially if you own or have used either of these two hammocks.