DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG:Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Do you feel that any colder than 35 you would have to add layers for your back? Or are you talking about top warmth? Or both?
    I really think all I would need is top warmth. my back did not get cold. more layers on the bottom I am sure would not hurt the overall system but I don't think it would be necessary. I am a bit conscious about weight, so for me the layering system is very important and makes a lot of sense.

I know down jackets will compress. but it's the overall warmth I am going after. If I am not losing warmth out the bottom, making sure I am warm in the hammock with cloths should be the ticket for me.

35* in shorts is pretty good for a 40.00 quilt. can't wait for winter and really give it a good test

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Good looking quilt. Glad that it's working that well for you. Hard to beat for that price, too!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaktee View Post
    I really think all I would need is top warmth. my back did not get cold. more layers on the bottom I am sure would not hurt the overall system but I don't think it would be necessary. I am a bit conscious about weight, so for me the layering system is very important and makes a lot of sense.

I know down jackets will compress. but it's the overall warmth I am going after. If I am not losing warmth out the bottom, making sure I am warm in the hammock with cloths should be the ticket for me.

35* in shorts is pretty good for a 40.00 quilt. can't wait for winter and really give it a good test
    Thx for the info! I'm with you on the layering. Particularly when I can use what I already have with me. I like to use my puffy clothing (rather than wearing it)- or a light summer TQ - laid over me in a PeaPod to get a major boost or like a collar to block warm air from getting above my neck and escaping out of any breathing vent I might have, if any. And a space blanket below in the pod or in an HHSS, etc, etc.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12