Well howdy!

So I bought my first hammock about 6 years ago, before I had ever heard of it being a big deal to go camping or backpacking with. People thought I was crazy! Well i said to them, fooey! It was the best idea I ever had. I've been checking out the youtubes and some forums of what people's set ups are, and I think I have my self a decent system.

The hammock I bought was just a Cabela's brand "new age ultralight packable parachute material" hammock that I just string up with some good old fashioned paracord. I lay a wool blanket (which is a little heavy, but I do have other uses for it too) on the bottom for an "under quilt" and then I use a military issue mummy bag, either the light weight or heavier one depending on the time of year, for my top cover. I also have a Hennessy square tarp, but now I'm looking into making either a larger cuben fiber tarp or trying my hand in the whole home-made silnylon tarp. Actually, if any one has any advice on this, I'm a little lost as to which way I want to go.

But I love my hammock and will never sleep on the ground again.