Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I've used the JRB suspension system I recently bought just three times. It uses the micro biners and one of them doesn't spring closed anymore. It just sits there open and I have to close it myself. I wonder how durable they are.
    One of my JRB mini biners doesn't spring close anymore too.
    They can be handy for a few things that you want to clip & un-clip with ease. BPL.com has the kind of mini biner w/ a wire gate that I've used even longer & never had any problem with.
    Last edited by slowhike; 11-02-2008 at 07:34.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

so hold on, i want to make sure of what I'm going to do. Ya'll are saying that yes, I can buy one of those micro carabiners and hang a hammock from them safely?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpaxc View Post
    so hold on, i want to make sure of what I'm going to do. Ya'll are saying that yes, I can buy one of those micro carabiners and hang a hammock from them safely?
    No, not if you value your safety! The micro-biners are generally not weight-rated at all. They are fine for hanging a pack or quilt or gear or tarp, but not your weight.

Try the CAMP Nano Wire biners if you are looking for the lightest biner to actually trust.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123