Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Line locs and I do believe you can get them right in the Hammock Forums Store at the top of the page. I have some and they work. Oops. Never mind wrong item!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    OP is talking about much simpler devices such as come with mass marketed tents. Simple hard plastic tabs with a pair of holes. Works especially well for close-fitting rain fly over a tent, where air but not much wind can get under the tarp and load the little critters.

I think the line locs are terrific, and they hold on smaller line than the cord locs will. That's noted in the Mountain Laurel link that Mike provided us. (That's not a complaint or a fault of cord locs, it's just that the cord locs are designed with shock cord in mind, and shock cord is larger. When shock cord is just 1.75mm 1/16", it is strictly for clothing.)

I have been using prusik loops / knots on some tarps. Looking at Mike's pics, I realize a complaint I've had about mine, that I don't have the 2 to 1 mechanical / pulley advantage I enjoy with the line locs is easily solved. Just pass the line through the tarp tie out and attach the loop on the return, instead. Duh!!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    I used to use those tent thingies, but that was when I was using that heavy 1/8" cord for which they are designed. They don't work on 1.75 mm Zing-It and small diameter line - they slip.

Now I just use a marlin spike hitch. Zing-It doesn't really work with them - too slick.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    I also use prussics at the tarp, along with some shock cord at the stake. Simple, works really well for me.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I also use prussics at the tarp, along with some shock cord at the stake. Simple, works really well for me.
    I thought about prusiks and shock cord, but since moving to a cuben fiber tarp and Zing-It guylines, I never get tarp sag so I don't need the shock cord line tensioner thingie.

I don't need the prusiks so I can "adjust the tarp while staying dry underneath it" because Zing-It doesn't slip, in my experience. I just have the Zing-It larksheaded onto the D-Rings, and a MSH on the spike.

Hammock
    assorted Hennesy Hammocks
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    i am aware that knots are lighter then hardware. I was just curious as to why i havent seen anyone using these. i have used them in a tent with high winds and rain and didnt feel like they loosened. The self adjusting lines with either shock cord or tubing seem much better. I will be learning my knots and diy some of those but until then I think I may steal some from my wally tent.
    I use um on one of my hammocks. I know how to tie knots instead, but I like the little plastic things. They're simple, eligant, and glow in the dark.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    The kite bow line tensioners would work with the 1.5mm spectra core line I use for guy lines from Ultralight Designs. But shipping is ridiculous. So, I cut up an aluminum arrow into 1.5" sections and drilled 1/16 inch holes for the lines, mimicking the traditional tent line tensioners.

They weigh next to nothing.

I like lines held by metal: carabiners, buckles, stakes, and now tensioners of my own making.

When I get them painted I hope to have pictures.

Mike

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I thought about prusiks and shock cord, but since moving to a cuben fiber tarp and Zing-It guylines, I never get tarp sag so I don't need the shock cord line tensioner thingie.

I don't need the prusiks so I can "adjust the tarp while staying dry underneath it" because Zing-It doesn't slip, in my experience. I just have the Zing-It larksheaded onto the D-Rings, and a MSH on the spike.
    Yeah, cuben doesn't stretch, so I've read. My tarp is silnylon so the shock cord is a nice addition. And Zing-It, of course, is awesome all around, haha. When the day comes I get a cuben tarp (I have no denial it'll eventually happen...), I'll definitely go a more simplistic route like yours.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Good ?..
    I'm looking at all kinds of options, but can't decide. I tried a pressick (can't spell) but it slips on amsteel as does the figure 9. I'm using a mini 8 and it holds the tarp line well.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
    Good ?..
    I'm looking at all kinds of options, but can't decide. I tried a pressick (can't spell) but it slips on amsteel as does the figure 9. I'm using a mini 8 and it holds the tarp line well.
    On slick lines, an extra turn or two will make a prussic hold, generally. The prussics on my tarp RL (Zing-It, slick stuff) are wrapped five times and seem to be holding well.