Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Naegling View Post
    (snip).......I do hope however that this will make the round of the moderators in their private circles, and just perhaps make them realize that there is a growing ire among many of the forum members about just how they are treated. (snip)
    ..So in the 5 pages of this discussion I have seen one person bring up a concern about a potential problem. I do not see a growing ire. In fact, I see public support, respect, and an adult willingness to admit human failings throughout those posts. That does this forum and especially the moderators a great deal of credit.

I have never dealt with the volume and size of a forum like this from a moderator's perspective, but I have been a forum admin and a gaming admin on a large FPS shooter gaming site. It is mostly a thankless job that requires a lot of dedication and finesse. That experience makes me appreciate moderators and admins even more.

I get to spend a good deal of time on computers here and there and I try to use that time productively. When spending down-time on a computer, I try to be productive as well so I look up things and try to learn/stretch my brain.
    It doesn't take long to realize when you are on a loosely or non-moderated forum. The quality of the information is often lacking and disorganized and the level of respect for fellow posters is often low.

HF is exceptional. The moderators provide structure and a certain amount of leadership in a way not unlike friendly sheepdogs (no offense intended guys) keeping the flock pointed in the right direction while watching out for problems. The membership maintains a high standard of respect and demonstrates good communication skills. I often find myself giving someone a silent nod and quick thanks when I see how they handled an issue or a mistake. I have never been disappointed with the site, its structure, or its members. In fact, I have been accepted into this community with open arms- not just online but freely in real life.

Cheesy, poorly moderated forums would have flicked away the OP's post without a second thought. This place is better than that. Our mods left it up to allow debate, discussion, and to show that they are not power hungry and easily threatened by someones angry parting shot.

It appears the growing ire has left the building.

Thank you HF moderators for your time and efforts and thank you HF members for freely sharing your knowledge, your skills, and your opinions.

I love this place!
    "Live your life so that your children can tell their children that you not only stood for something wonderful- you acted on it"
    -Dan Zadra

Hammock
    BIAS ww-switchback-WBRR
    Tarp
    tadpole
    Insulation
    underground quilts
    Suspension
    whoopies,strap
    I use to visit whiteblaze on a regular basis but the negative comments and running arguments by a FEW of the members caused me to go elsewhere. This is not a bash of whiteblaze .As a junior member here,I appreciate the format and the obvious respect of the other members for each other.It only takes a few malcontents [left unchecked] to sour the experience for everyone.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have been scolded for breaching of the rules, I goofed, shame on me. So what, I typed the wrong thing, break the rules, pay attention, do not do it again, go on with your life. No need to become upset, unless you have some sort of uncontroled mental problem. Most people break some rule or another every once in awhile, we just need to be made aware of it and not do it again. Pretty simple part of life.

Very intersting that so many of us feel we need to make comments. I think the moderators to an excellent job. Speedy also.

Images
    Personally, I think the mods are being a little lax here. This post has nothing to do with hammocks and should be moved...just saying.

But seriously, I like that the mods stay on top of the posts and I too have had posts moved, I am sure they won't be the last ones.

HEY DUDE, YOU GOT DONATING STATUS, WHO CARES WHERE IT'S MOVED TOO? You got full access, right?

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456